No AQ - Straight to PRE TRIAL REVIEW

oyster11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Full offer recieved today!! Ha ha ha!! :D

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

Hi Lateralus

Thanks for the link. Yes, i had seen it earlier and thought it might be a useful additional weapon in time. Sadly I think Lloyds and their solicitors are remarkably resilient to the utterings of the Judges and seem hell bent on a course of making things as difficult as possible for their loyal and long standing customers..........where did the idea of good customer relationships go to?

John

but the point is - no one is going to court - they talk about it, make all the right noises - but it won't get to court - i don't care which bank you are with - the idea is to get them to make an offer - so to that end - write them a nudge letter - and on this site i advise a nudge every 10 days until they make an offer - it can't hurt

it may help

so, why not give it a go.....

post 1 on both these threads - When you have filed your AQ................

New---after 28 Days - Maybe No Aq!!!!!!!

Well Done claire !!!!!:D

I got pretty much the full offer yesterday

I just need to do acceptance letter back out to them.

Claire dont just thier letter I have seen template letters on some thread for accepting the offer.

I will keep and eye out for one and post it in here for you..

Oyster

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

MCOL Filed 26th Feb 07

:-)

Defended 26th March 07:rolleyes:

PRT @ Cambridge 13th July 07:wink:

1st May Full Offer:grin:

Cheque arrived 16th May8)

Hi Lateralus

I wasn't being dismissive of your advice; I have actually already written to the LTSB solicitors twice since receiving notice of the pre-trial review but as yet have received no repsonse - but i'll continue writing.......

John

Draft -- Comments Please

_______

Date

Dear Whoever

Ref: Your Offer of Settlement

Account: xxxxxxxx

Sort Code xx-xx-xx

Claim No: XXXXX in XXXX County Court

I acknowledge receipt of your letter date xx/xx/xx and your settlement offer of £XXI accept your offer as full and final settlement only for this claim of bank charges made on my account between xx/xx/xx and xx/xx/xx(dates of first and last charge).

I have agreed with XXXX XXXXX XXXX ltd. full and final settlement figure of £xxx, I give you authority set off this amount of £xxx only to XXXX XXXXX XXXX ltd.

The balance of £xxxx.xxxx be paid in the form of a cheque made payable to myself.

I accept this offer without prejudice and I reserve the right to make any further claims should you apply future charges that may be considered unlawful under common law or in violation of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 or Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

I am also not prepared to agree to any confidentially clauses you try to impose, unless of course your client wishes to make an offer of due consideration in addition to the amount of £XXX, in order to be afforded this privilege by myself.

I also have the issue of two defaults registered by HSBC on my credit file which I would request are removed. Dont want this to slow down or hinder the settlement. as the would be settled on my credit file any way. that said i would still like them off.

I will be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of unconditional full settlement of my claim.I trust that you will find this arrangement acceptable.

Yours Sincerely

MCOL Filed 26th Feb 07

Hi Oyster,

Sorry - I've been away over the last few days and haven't had a chance to get online.

CONGRATS on the offer - well done!

The letter looks good to me - hopefully you've sent it off and received a big fat cheque by now!

Congrats again - and hopefully I'm right behind you!! :wink:

Nikki :)

Halifax Card: Claim served 30th Mar - they met 2nd AQ deadline - waiting for Directions/Court Date

Monument Card: Claim served 30th Mar - Directions taken - 14 + 14 day deadline 18th June - settlement signed & waiting for cheque

CitiCards: Claim served 6th April - Defendant's docs (only) to be received by 25th June - case back to Judge 2nd July

A+L (SETTLED IN FULL): Prelim sent 16th April - Claim settled 4th June (on the defence deadline)

Debenhams Store Card (SETTLED IN FULL): Prelim sent 17th Feb - Claim settled on 14th Mar (3 days before LBA deadline)

MINT Card (SETTLED IN FULL): Prelim sent 8th Feb - claim settled 14th Apr (1 day after defence deadline)

HSBC (SETTLED FOR 8% INTEREST): Prelim sent 15th Jan - claim settled 18th May (after AQ deadline)

Hi Nikki - yep sent it off had not heard anything from Them yet.

I will keep the Court action going till i get the cheque

Oyster

MCOL Filed 26th Feb 07

Hi,

I am in Cambridge also and have just received Notice of Pre Trial Review, but mine is on July 30th - so guess I miss out on party in pub on the July 13th!

I'm a bit confused now as to what I need to do now. Any advice/comments gratefully received...

My claim is with Abbey and is for £750.

Congratulations to Oyster. :)

Lucy

Exactly as lattie says.

Just keep sending them a nudge evey couple of weeks

I have a confession.... I got board sending then on plain white paper Started printing them off on bright ORANGE paper I thought I would add a little colour to their office.... You never know if they scan the Docs in the their Scanner might have had problem and kept it to the to an make an offer to get rid of it from their Pile ..... Probably not advisable but it did put a smile on my face:D when I Posted It.

Oyster

MCOL Filed 26th Feb 07:-)

Start of May Full Offer:D

MCOL Filed 26th Feb 07

I would like to express my dissatisfaction with my local County Court in dealing with my claim against HSB. HSBC notified that they would be defending my claim and subsequently, AQ's were sent to both parties, with instructions to be filed by April 10th. Yes, you have guessed correctly! HSBC did not have their AQ filed by this time. The District Judge was most gracious in granting them until May 10th to file. I am still awaiting further information from the County Court, but I suspect that this deadline has also been ignored. Any advice would be most welcome, particular following on from this morning's broadcast on GMTV!

Hi Peeps

Anybody got a nice letter to send to the courts to notify DG have settles up and had no actual intention to attend in the first place, wasting the courts time.

If so could you drop it in here please

Oyster

MCOL Filed 26th Feb 07

I'd just write to the court and say

Please note that in reference to the case of xxxxxx vs HSBC Bank, Plc, claim number: xxxxxxxxxx. This case has reached a satisfactory conclusion. Thank you for your assistance. Please consider this case closed.

Sincerely

And - please, pretty please - can you take a look at this page:

Litigation Section - View and print out litigation spreadsheets here

it is very, very important to people who have to prepare court bundles to have the information from this page - so please fill it in - letting a moderator know of your details - username, bank, claim date, claim figure, settled date. that's it but it really needs to be done to help others.

thanks - ask others who've won to do likewise.

Cheers Peeps.

Oh look!!! What's this it another letter for uncle Colin asking for my money back for 2000 -2001 charges. LOL:D

Oyster

MCOL Filed 26th Feb 07