How complicated is the reclaiming??

PRIDDY7

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I sent the first letter last week to Lloyds asking for my records and enclosing the postal order, in the meantime I keep poppng on here but I must admit its seeming very complicated!! Even when I read the templates and when to send im getting a bit bogged down with it all!!! Is it just cos im trying to take it all in to soon and will things become clearer??? Please reassure me or point me in the right direction of an idiots guide! Thanks sarah.

Keep reading, Sarah - I was a member here for months before I got to grips with it BUT do what it says and read the FAQ's and tutorials. When you do, read all the way through first, THEN allow yourself to get sidetracked by those interesting links - I found that made it much easier.

C1 - letter requesting refund of PPI (£2875.60 before interest, £3281.38 with interest) 16/08/07

C1 - letter requesting refund of charges (£48.00 before interest, £54.11 with interest) 16/08/07

C1 - £48.00 credit to card account as 'goodwill gesture'

The thing to do Sarah is to take time out over the next few days and read through some of the threads that have been psoted about the bank that you are going to be reclaiming against.

This way you will see what others have encountered and, hopefully, it will make things a hell of a lot clearer to you.

If you still have questions there are plenty of people here who are only to pleased to help,no matter how daft you may feel your question is.

Good luck

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Read the FAQs and the step by step instructions they guide you through the process. They are linked in my signature.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

The whole process is quite straight forward, just can be a little tricky at times.

There is a massive amount of information on the site especially the FAQ's.

Time to start reading: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Thanks everyone, will take time to read as much as possible and now I know everyones here to help it makes it seem more like something I can do!! Noticed reading some threads that people have been offered 750 and taken as an interim payment, is this common??

Lloyds are doing this yes, they are depositing the cash into your account. Just continue to claim the balance should they do this.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Thanks, sorry to be a pain but as things are coming to me I need to ask!! I have an overdraft with lloyds and im always in it, are they likely to be awkward and ask for this to be repaid when I start the claiming process??

As Corporal Jones used to say 'Dont panic'

The spreadsheet for the interest calculation does all the work for you-all you need to have is the date when the charge was levied,the type of charge and its value.

Once this has been fed into the spreadsheet it will calculate the intrest from the day the charge was first levied and will give you a figure.

Believe me when I say that the interest can be a tidy sum-it bumped my Nat West claim up from just under £4500 to just over £5600 so it is worth doing.

Keep at it and dont be put off

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Like everyone has said just read read read.

When I 1st joined a read for about an hour a day for ages, i read the FAQs step by step and other peoples cases. you get all the basics and what you need to know from the step by step and you can pick up some really useful tips from other peoples threads and it can also be helpful to find someone else who is at a simalar stage to you and follow their progress.

About the spreadsheets and stuff, like you i thought these could be a nightmare as i have never done a spreadsheet before but they really are easy enough to use as the sums are already set up in the cells for you.

good luck with your claim and if you have any questions just post them and people will help you.

matt

Lloyds settled in full

£4010.02:D

Halifax CC settled

£417.00 :D

Lloyds PPI

£3672.15 Refunded off loan :D