jackster77 v bank of ireland

jackster77

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

have been readin the bank of Ireland threads with great interest - I happen to have all my bank statements for 2005 annd most of 2006 - and it makes shocking reading - I wasn't going to claim against them because I used to work for them - and at times in the past they have been pretty good about refunding some charges

guess I always thought that I was happy to pay 11.50 then 14.50 for a referral fee if it meant the dd wasn't unpaid

but sod it am going to have a hoak for the missing statements because this would save me having to wait 40 days

feel a bit sheepish though about doing this to my old boss - but then when I thought about it she didn't feel to sheepish bout charging me lol

have 365 online - but can onnlt get statements up to a year here - is this the norm?

anyway when I calculate the charges I'll kee ye's posted as to how much I'm claiming

seems though from reading all these threads that the big 4 will not go down without a fight

Its so annoying that there is a severe lack of good news stories against the norn iron banks

abbey/mbna - sar sent 29/03/2007

well I'm missing 4 pages of statements I ordered them this morning its going to cost £42.00 but I'll have them in 5 working days - thought I'd take this hit as from memory this was around the worst charging on my account and I don't want to wait 40 days - even better the charges on these statements will more than cover the £42.00 charge

Even without it the charges stand at £1023.30 this is after the paltry refunds I got of £192 pwarr and I thought the bank was doing me a big favour then lol

Hope you havent paid for those statements yet Jackster!!!

I sent a cheque of £10 and the 'The Data Protection Act' template letter to request 3-4 yrs of statements and received them all within 4 days!!!

You can find the templates on this site.....Im sure someone else would be good enough to post the link (I cant remember)

Good luck!!:-)

Hope you havent paid for those statements yet Jackster!!!

I sent a cheque of £10 and the 'The Data Protection Act' template letter to request 3-4 yrs of statements and received them all within 4 days!!!

You can find the templates on this site.....Im sure someone else would be good enough to post the link (I cant remember)

Good luck!!:-)

I ordered them over the phone this morning - I'm sure I can ring my old boss and ask her to refund the charge he he he

Is the Data Protection act the same as a SAR - its just that I was reading about how long these statements take to arrive and as I already had most of mine I wanted to get the rest ASAP

Brilliant that you got yours so soon - who are you claiming against? - Have you sent them the 14 day letter yet?

SAR - Im not sure mate?!?!

I used the template from this site that some of the guys recommended. All the info and templates etc are on the FAQ link.

Im claiming against BOI also..just received an offer this morning -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/77500-inthered-bank-ireland.html

Im sure your old boss will be well chuffed:D

SAR - Im not sure mate?!?!

I used the template from this site that some of the guys recommended. All the info and templates etc are on the FAQ link.

Im claiming against BOI also..just received an offer this morning -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/77500-inthered-bank-ireland.html

Im sure your old boss will be well chuffed:D

just read your post take it you will be telling them what they can do with their offer - brilliant news for mcvey - do u think it was the report to the ombusman that did the trick??

In so many words.....though the £500 would be bloody handy right now:(

I hope so.......taking his advice and going down the same route!!!

time will tell, will keep you posted mate

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

boi have sent me a letter saying they have 8 weeks blah blah to respond to my complaint

I am sticking to my own timetable and that means they have to respond my may 22nd

now what I wanted to ask was this should I right to them and tell them that we are on my timetable or should I just do nothing and If I don't have a response send them an LBA on the 22May

thanks in advance

jackster

Hi Jackster - Just new to CAG but I've also stated a claim with BOI and they too offered me £500. I've since refused their offer and stated a 'Small Claims On-line' application. The bank have disputed the case and I have been set a court hearing for Aug 9th in Belfast. So I'll let you know how it goes (although I'm in the States on this date!!!)

• 3 weeks later...

have been on holiday so still havn't got round to filing for court papers

got an offer of a goodwill settlement for £334 which I will be rejecting

is it ok to add bank charges that have been applied since I sent LBA???

To be honest I aint sure mate, though I think I read that someone else was hoping to do that but they had to treat it as a new claim (could be wrong though).

Im sure someone on here will be able to clear it up!!

Good luck anyway mate

• 1 month later...

Hi folks

I never got round to filing court papers to BOI but I did report them to the Financial Ombodsman about 4 weeks ago

Got a letter from the FO this morning saying that while BOI accept no liability they do not want the FO investigating my claim therefore they have settled for the full amount

I'm very very happy :) :) :) :) :)

can someone tell me how to move this to WON

Thanks for all your help and support guys a donation on its way to CAG