Smithy v Barclays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currently in the process of reclaiming my bank charges from barclays.

1) I sent my first letter asking for my charges to be repaid + interest, and gave them 14 days.

2) I received no reply so i sent the second letter, again requesting my charges be repaid + interest, with the threat of court action within 7 days. (i know i have done wrong here and should really have given them 14 days before court action, oops!).

3) I applied for court action against them after the 7 days.

4) A few days later i received a letter from barclays, offering to repay me 50% of my charges. As i had already incurred court costs filing the claim, i was reluctant to accept the offer. So did nothing!

5) The bank has now acknowledged my claim with courts and has a further 14 days to submit a defence.

Can anyone advise me of anything i should look to do now, if and when a defence is entered?

Thanx :rolleyes:

I am currently in the process of reclaiming my bank charges from barclays.

1) I sent my first letter asking for my charges to be repaid + interest, and gave them 14 days.

2) I received no reply so i sent the second letter, again requesting my charges be repaid + interest, with the threat of court action within 7 days. (i know i have done wrong here and should really have given them 14 days before court action, oops!).

3) I applied for court action against them after the 7 days.

4) A few days later i received a letter from barclays, offering to repay me 50% of my charges. As i had already incurred court costs filing the claim, i was reluctant to accept the offer. So did nothing!

5) The bank has now acknowledged my claim with courts and has a further 14 days to submit a defence.

Can anyone advise me of anything i should look to do now, if and when a defence is entered?

Thanx :rolleyes:

Hello and welcome,

You need to read the faq and the things you need to know. Start a new thread in the Barclays foum. Read the successful threads to give you an idea of the process from now. Once you post on your new thread, you will receive info and advise from other barclay claimants.

The goodwill gesture, you could have accepted as part settlement, with a view of retrieving the rest via the court.

The process now is Barclays probably will submitt their defence, then in a while you will receive a Allocation Questionnaire, which you fill in and send back to the court (cost £100) and then you wait for a court date. It may be a long wait for your date, so you need to read around for info and look at the things you need for your court bundle ( your :D cheque could come at anytime from now)

Everthing and more that you need to know is on this site.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi Smithy,

Welcome to the forum.

You did jump the gun a bit,but you will be fine,Please start athread in your banks forum.Stick to the timescale given in the templates library.

Please take time to read the faq's

use the template letters.

LINKS....

FAQs....

Templates Library....

There is also live chat, visit if you need any quick advice.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/chat/flashchat.php

Finally good Luck.

Happyolddog.

If my advice helps please tip the scales, left.