Kat v Woolwich

katlondon

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. I've recieved two identical letters this morning. Standard blurb - "we have taken responsibility for fully investigating the issues you have raised, blah blah - "provide you with an answer by 22nd May" . That will be nearly seven weeks from my initial letter.

This seems to be the way Woolwich are dealing with everybody - delay as much as possible.

hi hun

its a standard letter, stating they will give u 8 weeks ha ha ha

stick to ur times they have 40 days + 2 to get ur info to u then u send ur prelim letter and give them 14 days, then the lba 14 days then court claim

stick with ur times not theirs and ull be fine

amandax

• 3 weeks later...

Woolwich Open Plan have replied with a list of charges applied to my account since 2001. The total is £1093, less than I imagined, but I've obviously not been as bad as I thought !:) A few of the charges are for unauthorised overdraft ie. going over my overdraft limit by a small amount. Do I include these ?

Thanks. Yes it is the £3 per day - which they truly clobbered me with during a very bad patch in 2003. I'm going to add statutory interest at 8% (£0.24 per day) too. I've used the spreadsheet to work this out. It will hopefully give me a bit more bargaining power.

HI kat

Don't add the 8% until you lodge your claim with the court. Have a read through the step by step guide on the site :)

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41