NTL/Virgin Media cancellation problems - Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Dont know if anyone can help me with this one. It's actually for my boss.

He was signed up to NTL but cancelled it in September last year. They even came and removed the connection or what ever it is they do (I've never digital so dont really know) anyway he has recently started getting bills through from Virgin media as they have taken over NTL. He keeps ringing them up to tell them but just seems to get fobbed off. He was given a number to call but after 20 minutes of trying to get through gave up.

They even keep putting default charges on for none payment even though he has rang them on numerous occassions. Don't supose anyone else has had this problem or knows what to do about it?

He has now written them a sturn letter but not had a response as yet.

Any help would be greatly recieved.

Thanks

Gem

Phone is no use - if you have a dispute put it in writing immediately.

When you write them a letter give them a timescale to respond. If they have not responded, write again expressing your disappointment having not received their reply and demanding a resolution. If they finally respond in the vein "you owe us the money so pay up" write back immediately stating that you do not owe them the money and that you will not therefore be making any payments. Remind them that as the account is in dispute they may not commence recovery action. If they respond "sorry", well then it's all over.

Took me 1 year to get NTL off my back. They even sent debt collectors to my house. Apparently we owed them £2500. Not true. They owed us £25.00.

I wrote hundreds of letters, spent hours on the phone each time was told it was resolved then another demanding letter a few days later.

Do you know what resolved it in the end? I went online to their customer feedback section. I gave very very bad feedback and wrote evreything they had done and told them I was taking them to court. 2 days later I got a phone call and an email admitting they had made a mistake and gave me a refund. I dont know if Virgin media have the same service, it was just NTL when I dealt with them.

DO NOT waste your time speaking to them it will get you no where. Write to them only.

Good Luck

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem with cancellation Virgin Media contract. I sent tham letter that I want to cancell my contract after 1 year because they charged me more money than was in contract. I phoned them also. I sent them another letter which they said that didn't get. They send me more bills and are saying they send money collector. I just don't know what to do.