Notices of Correction - Friend or Foe?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone!

Does anyone know whether it is better to have notices of correction on your credit file (e.g. to explain bad credit history) or not?

I have heard information either way....

Some people claim it is better as Creditors have to read your notices before making a decision i.e. they have to look at your credit file, they can't just run it through a credit scoring computer programme.

Others say it can be unhelpful as some creditor reject people outright if they find out they have notices of correction as it suggests they have been in trouble on some of their accounts.

Can anyone confirm either way???:)

Many thanks!

Notice of corrections are a complete waste of time & are just a PR exercise by the CRA's to con consumers & government alike that they acting responsibly with misleading data, they aren't

Almost all finance applications are done automaticly & if you have N of C on your file the process is stopped & the finance company are supposed to then make a manual intervention to check the info.

They don't as it's too time consuming. The system just moves onto the next mug customer

Almost forgot when the creditor is questioned about their false info if they simply reply it's correct even though you know it's not it goes back on your file.

After all (according to the CRA's) only their clients can be trusted to provide info which is fair, balanced & true & anyway they have no means of checking they just take the word of their client

ditto Pliny the penurious.

Oh what a spiny and curious name?

Rofl

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

This has concerned me for some time, the fact that the CRAs believe any old twaddle they're told by DCAs without asking them for any proof, nor giving the consumer any right of reply.

I'm in the process of trying to get two erroneous defaults removed from my credit records, and haven't bothered clouding the water with NoCs.

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)