• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Fandango 'V' Non Intelligent Finance

babynan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI, I have started the ball rolling with IF......without much luck, but reading through some of these threads this seems to be the norm..:mad:

OK SAR was sent (and received) and the 40 days are up at the end of next week, I have not heard anything at all from IF, they have not cashed my cheque, they have not even bothered sending me a standard fob off letter.

So what should I do now, should I chase them up, or should I sit tight and wait for the 40 day deadline. I really would like this info so that I can proceed with my claim, I think that after reading some of the other threads that if I leave it they will deny any knowledge of my SAR, what do you think I should do, any advice will be really appreciated:-?

HI, I have started the ball rolling with IF......without much luck, but reading through some of these threads this seems to be the norm..:mad:

OK SAR was sent (and received) and the 40 days are up at the end of next week, I have not heard anything at all from IF, they have not cashed my cheque, they have not even bothered sending me a standard fob off letter.

So what should I do now, should I chase them up, or should I sit tight and wait for the 40 day deadline. I really would like this info so that I can proceed with my claim, I think that after reading some of the other threads that if I leave it they will deny any knowledge of my SAR, what do you think I should do, any advice will be really appreciated:-?

OK I am going to try and phone these people today using the contact number provided. BUt I would also like to send them a letter for Non-Compliance, only I am a little confused as to which template I should use, as it is still within the 40 days, only just) I think that I should use template 1 , but that is saying that what they have provided so far is incorrect.....could I use this and amend to read something like "that to date I have not received anything from them?:confused: Please advise so I can this useless lot moving, Thanx

Ok phoned them yesterday, they assurred me that they are aware of my SAR and that stuff would be with me before the deadline....

I will wait for the postman:|

Ok, as I guess NOTHING from IF, regardless of request and phone call. So I am now going to send letter of Non Compliance, and as suggested I will send this to the Halifax Bank Address

IF is registered as a division of Halifax Plc.

SARS therefore should be sent to ;

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2RG

Will let you know if we hear anything this time, am giving the 7 days before court action???:evil:

Ok, as I guess NOTHING from IF, regardless of request and phone call. So I am now going to send letter of Non Compliance, and as suggested I will send this to the Halifax Bank Address

IF is registered as a division of Halifax Plc.

SARS therefore should be sent to ;

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2RG

Will let you know if we hear anything this time, am giving the 7 days before court action???:evil:

Hooray :p the day after I sent the Letter of Non Compliance, all my statements arrived from IF. Now going to start preparing for the next stage:D

Hooray :p the day after I sent the Letter of Non Compliance, all my statements arrived from IF. Now going to start preparing for the next stage:D

Hi Could someone please confirm how my Prelim letter should be addressed as I wish to send to the Halifax address (as I do not want to use a Scottish address)

But should I address as follows

Intelligent Finance

Division of Halifax PLC

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2RG

Would this be OK:confused:

Hi Could someone please confirm how my Prelim letter should be addressed as I wish to send to the Halifax address (as I do not want to use a Scottish address)

But should I address as follows

Intelligent Finance

Division of Halifax PLC

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2RG

Would this be OK:confused:

I have decided to use this address, but now there has been a slight hiccup, I sent the SAR and used my current account number on the request. IF sent me a list of chgs and the return letter showed my Plan Number,(not my acount number, no problem with that ) there were amounts and dates of charges shown from my current account and then another set showing amounts and dates of charges on credit card...........

I dont have a credit card with IF and I never have had a credit card with them, so now I am trying to find out what these charges are related to. I am going to phone them tomorrow and see if they can help clarify them for me. But until I have this info I cannot proceed as I am not sure what I should be claiming for, and as the dates of charges between current account and so called credit card are mixed together, I do not want to enter an amount and then find out that because I have 'claimed' between these 'dates' I will not be able to claim back anything I left out :rolleyes:

I have decided to use this address, but now there has been a slight hiccup, I sent the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and used my current account number on the request. IF sent me a list of chgs and the return letter showed my Plan Number,(not my acount number, no problem with that ) there were amounts and dates of charges shown from my current account and then another set showing amounts and dates of charges on credit card...........

I dont have a credit card with IF and I never have had a credit card with them, so now I am trying to find out what these charges are related to. I am going to phone them tomorrow and see if they can help clarify them for me. But until I have this info I cannot proceed as I am not sure what I should be claiming for, and as the dates of charges between current account and so called credit card are mixed together, I do not want to enter an amount and then find out that because I have 'claimed' between these 'dates' I will not be able to claim back anything I left out :rolleyes:

OK, worked it all out now...My son spoke with IF and even though he(my son) assured me that he had not had a credit card with IF.... Guess what he was wrong:p , he had forgotten all about it. :o So at least we know what is what now and have done 2 spreadsheets, one for the current account and the other for the credit card and along with a prelim letter each, we are submitting these separately and will be posting today to the HBOS address (hope that we have done right in separating these two, since one is a bank account and the other a credit card)

• 2 weeks later...

Intelligent Finance

Division Of Halifax PLC

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2RG

HI, I wonder if anyone can help, my son sent two letters to IF, both prelim, one for his current account and the other for the credit card. Both of these were recorded delivery, but it appears that both have gone missing and have not been delivered, have followed up on the Royal Mail website and they are still showing as not deliveredand they were both 1st class sent over a week ago.

I see from other postings that people are using this address ok for Intelligent Finance and that mail has got to them. I was wondering if perhaps they are not excepting the mail at this address for IF???

Do you think that I should send both Prelim letters again to this same address, Would appreciate some help as I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do next.:confused:

I would ring the Royal Mail to find out what has happened as you have paid for a premium service, they may be able to tell you more over the phone as the website is not always updated straight away.

I would ring the Royal Mail to find out what has happened as you have paid for a premium service, they may be able to tell you more over the phone as the website is not always updated straight away.

OK, Spoke with Post office, they say that we need to allow 15 Days:eek: before they can investigate....

So sent off the prelim letters again, then when my son came home from work that same night there was a letter from IF say the usual rubbish that they are sorry to hear that he is not happy with them etc etc......... but that means that they did receive the original Prelim letters although the Royal Mail website is still not showing either of these as delivered yet:rolleyes:

Just goes to show that this wonderful postal service has BIG FLAWS, even when you are not using a PO box:evil:

Anyway, at least we know things are moving along as they should be, will keep you all updated:)

• 3 weeks later...

Right nearly ready to get the claim filed with the court, should be filing next Friday:p

Just doing the current account for now, will do the credit card in a couple of weeks:p

Right nearly ready to get the claim filed with the court, should be filing next Friday:p

Just doing the current account for now, will do the credit card in a couple of weeks:p

Wrong - Jumping ahead of myself here, what I meant was that I now will be sending the LBA's off, 1 for the current account and the other for the card charges.:rolleyes:

Wrong - Jumping ahead of myself here, what I meant was that I now will be sending the LBA's off, 1 for the current account and the other for the card charges.:rolleyes:

Sent LBA's yesterday. Today in the post I have received a letter from IF offering me 50% of my claim, I intend to reject this using one of the rejecting offers templates, but I just wanted to check, now they have made this offer should I still wait the 14 days that I have given them on my LBA before commencing with court filing?:confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Babynan,

Is that correct what i have just read in codeycat's thread.... you have won??

John

Hi Laddie,

Sorry for the delay in getting back but have had a holiday, anyway, YES we have won..........

But still waiting for money to appear in our account, phoned them on Friday and they have promised that money will be in the account today or tomorrow, so we are crossing our fingers and watching:D

Hi Babynan,

Has the money appeared in your account yet?

Cheers

John

HI yes money went into the account on Monday, My son did actually call again on Monday but had not checked his account first, they told him the payment had been authorised and had been transferred and should be in his account, he then checked and it was. He phone the Customer Relations dept by the way. Hope that you get yours soon, keep us updated.:p