HSBC vs BILLYVANILLI - I'm a-gonna get them suckers! ...but HELP ME

billyvanilli
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

My name’s Billy and I’m ready to bring that bad-ass Hong Kong Shanghai Bank Corps TO IT'S KNEES!!

I'm about to start my claims process and although I’ve tried to read as much information as possible on this wonderful site I still have a few questions if there’s anyone out there in the know that can help. I thought I would post here given I’m with HSBC. I hope it’s an appropriate place to post and I haven’t missed any obvious FAQs.

My questions are:

1. How risky is it that I have a 2 grand overdraft and 7 grand loan with the HSBC... Given everything I’ve read and from friends’ experience I’m pretty confident I’ll get my money back but if they retaliate by closing my account and demanding I pay everything back immediately I’ll be totally screwed. Is this a possible/likely outcome? I think they’re pretty standard: an overdraft I acquired during my student days and a personal loan.

2. I have immediate access to 6 years worth of statements with my online banking. Are these likely to be accurate/is there any reason why I shouldn’t bypass Stage 1 (Subject Access Request via post) and calculate the money they owe me from these online statements? It could save waiting 40 days.

3. I’ve seen it alluded to before, is there any way I can use the online internet banking to my advantage? There is a messaging service which might enable swift responses (probably given that HSBC employees are given targets and are pushed to deal with/close these online ‘tickets’ ASAP).

4. Maybe I’m being a dummy and have missed this somewhere but I’m not entirely certain what I’m entitled to claim back (and what this will look like on my statements). Can anyone help me here? Are these illegal charges just taken once a month after I’ve been notified of them or are they spread and under specific codes/heading regarding what they refer to... I suspect most of my money will be from going over my overdraft limit... I don’t understand the headers on the ‘Simple Excel Template’: UNPAID CHQ CHARGE, CLEARED TRANSACTION, UNPAID DD CHARGE.

Any advice would be extremely helpful.

Best,

Billy.

:?

1. hsbc normally doesn't close the account until you file against them the second time. and the loan is totally separate.

2. if you are confident you have access to 6 years of info - you can bypass the sar.

3. i've had no dealings - can't comment.

4. are you sure you've read loads - you must have seen this:

Charges description on statements - Please Read

apparently on statements - you will see them mostly as total charges - i've been told if you zero in on a particular charge- clicking on it - you may get a further description of the charge.

you didn't ask about overdraft interest - but as it is a common beginners mistake - i'll deal with it anyway - there may be loads or not of interest debits on your statements. this is overdraft interest and a portion of it is reclaimable. you can't just put it on the s/s. if you want to see how much of it is reclaimable - once you have circled all of your charges on your statements - starting with oldest first and working through to the newer ones - you would need to enter all charges on the advanced s/s found in the library. then, the s/s will figure - according to the balance at the time of the interest charge, whether some, none or all of the debit is to be added on - the s/s does all the work - it's very user friendly - charges to the left - interest to the right. you come out with two running totals - added together - that's what you are reclaiming.

now, if the overdraft interest - the right side total isn't much - you are better off just loosing it - as the solicitors balk at paying it - so if it's not much - it probably isn't worth the hassle of arguing it. if you don't do the overdraft interest - then just proceed to the simple s/s where it will figure the 8% interest which you will add on when you file your claim - not before. i have some more simplified instructions for the advanced s/s if you need/want them.

Cool, thanks Lateralus. I'm gonna get on it.

I suspect the interest might not be much but I'll check it out - thanks for the advice.

My mother owns a business (a shop which is a limited company). I have only probably incurred hundreds of pounds which I hope to get back but I'm sure she/it has incurred thousands. I assume the same general reclaiming principles are applicable to her business too.

I'll keep everyone posted as to my progress. Many thanks,

Billy