Me V A&L

wsm36

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, just starting out against A&L, been claiming against everyone else. Story so far is this, Tuesday 3/4/07 I accessed my A&L account online and was unable to access statements or anything else for that matter, my o/d limit was redued to £0.00 and my account was £135 o/d, all my D/D's and standing orders were gone so I started to panic a bit. I called A&L customer services and was told that my account was in the process of being closed, I was totally shocked by this and asked when I was going to be notified about this and was told that a letter would be sent out, Iknow that they have been closing accounts in retaliation against people making claims but I hadn't made one, I'm going to now. I received a letter from S M Dooley or Doofus as I refer to him/her now, the letter states that they are closing the account as it has been in excess of the agreed o/d limit of £100 since 26th February and they have issued a default and they are demanding repayment of the £135 that I owe them which does not include any charges or interest still to applied to the account, I should say that I'm over the o/d limit due to 2x£25 charges. I am totally disgusted that they have taken this action for being £35 over my limit (anyone else had this done to them, bear in mind that I HAVE NOT made a claim against them). Luckily I had downloaded my statements from November onwards in preparation of claiming for £552 worth of charges. I am considering going to the ombudsman regarding this as there was no prior warning given that the account would be closed. All comments and suggestions will be appreciated, need alittle support here as they have really dropped me in it with regards to getting D/D's and Standing Orders set up again as they are all due to get paid next Friday. Thanks for your help in advance everyone.

BOS Prelim : 19/06/06 Owed : £382: offered £90.LBA sent 02/07/06, Delivered: 04/07/06. Offer increased to full £382 but with condition. Settled 4/11/06.

Data Protection Act sent to BOS CC : 19/06/06. Acknowledged : 03/07/06 Statements Received : 11/07/06 owed £845

Statements received for closed BOS account: 27/07/06, Owed £2596.52

First claim on closed BOS account now started - £735 Prelim received 7/11/06 LBA sent 5/12/06, Offered Full £735 but with conditions. Claim filed 22/01/07

CapitalOne-£1247, settled in full.

LloydsTSB- £910, sttled in full.

LET BATTLE COMMENCE

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, wsm36, that's some bad luck you've had.

Before you go to the ombudsman, you'll have to write to A&L and exhaust their complaints procedure first.

Hope you get a replacement account opened without any more hassle. Any probs or queries, just give us yell. :cool:

Hi, wsm36, that's some bad luck you've had.

Before you go to the ombudsman, you'll have to write to A&L and exhaust their complaints procedure first.

Hope you get a replacement account opened without any more hassle. Any probs or queries, just give us yell. :cool:

Thought I'd better update this one, I appealed the decision to close my account and it was reversed. So I'm going to lay off A&L for the moment, well until all other claims are settled.

BOS Prelim : 19/06/06 Owed : £382: offered £90.LBA sent 02/07/06, Delivered: 04/07/06. Offer increased to full £382 but with condition. Settled 4/11/06.

Data Protection Act sent to BOS CC : 19/06/06. Acknowledged : 03/07/06 Statements Received : 11/07/06 owed £845

Statements received for closed BOS account: 27/07/06, Owed £2596.52

First claim on closed BOS account now started - £735 Prelim received 7/11/06 LBA sent 5/12/06, Offered Full £735 but with conditions. Claim filed 22/01/07

CapitalOne-£1247, settled in full.

LloydsTSB- £910, sttled in full.

LET BATTLE COMMENCE