toipjetvNATWEST

topjet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sent premlim letter yesterday ,now i sent it recorded the lady at the post office stuck a label on it saying who the letter is sent from , now im wondering if the bank see my name and addy and just realise its a claim and just send it back,kinda worried .

im new to this how do i find spreadsheets ??

DPA SENT TO MBNA

7/4/07 40 DAYS MAY 16 ..

Send the DPA letter for all the statements include a £10 postal order and write "DPA request fee only" across the back of it. Send the letter by Special next day guaranteed delivery. Keep the receipts. Keep a copy of the letter as well.

Nope, it doesnt work like that. They will accept the letter and sign for it. You will be fine. Dont worry. How big is your claim ???? Because if its under 5K at the moment, they have been settling a lot of peoples claims at either Prelim Letter or LBA stage. ? Best of Luck. But you wont need it. You will be fine. Fendy xxxx

its under £700 i know its not alot same they have charged me £28 for being 3p over my limit so do yoiu think i wont be able to claim on small amount ??

DPA SENT TO MBNA

7/4/07 40 DAYS MAY 16 ..

Send the DPA letter for all the statements include a £10 postal order and write "DPA request fee only" across the back of it. Send the letter by Special next day guaranteed delivery. Keep the receipts. Keep a copy of the letter as well.

Hi topjet

You can claim full stop. The amount isn't the issue, it's your money and they lawfully must refund it.

Don't worry, you'll be fine and it's possible your cliam will go through with less silly delaying tactics as it's lower than most - the bank will have less incentive to tie up their legal staff over a couple of hundred pounds.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Hiya

Like welshcakes said, don't worry as there are plenty of people doing this. If you read back on peoples 'vs' threads (mines at nuddy vs natwest) you will find there are plenty of people at the same stage as you and you might feel better if you read some more stories.

If it helps, I'm at the 2nd letter stage - sent my first claim letter on 8th March but they haven't replied after 14 days. However, I've seen the figure they're going to offer so I know they've received the letter (I handed one in at branch and copied it to WD6 address so they couldn't tell me they hadn't got it anyway!) but as a matter of course I'll send the chasing letter anyway.

Good luck, there is sooo much help available if you need it, or even if you need a smile let us know!!:)

<--If you think this post was helpful, click on the scales underneath my alias and help me catch up with the others!!

Sky Broadband:

Requested 5/11/06

Letter 6/12/06

Equipment received 20/12/06

Connected 22/12/06

:)

Ongoing problems = 4.5 hours of calls

:x

Moved house 30/04/07

Not connected = 1.5 hours of calls

Complained 16/05/07

New Equipment Received 21/05/07

Connected 25/05/07

No problems with connection, await refund of calls / time ...

:rolleyes:

My guess is that for your amount, they will settle or make offer at either Prelim or LBA stage. But dont be frightened. Stick to your timetables. Always. Dont show any weakness. Do what you say you will do. All the best. Fendy xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Fendy you know what you're doing eh! I've just read your thread, thats alot of wadge and fingers crossed it won't be long. Good to know you're sticking to your guns and still chilled about it

Nuddy

<--If you think this post was helpful, click on the scales underneath my alias and help me catch up with the others!!

Sky Broadband:

Requested 5/11/06

Letter 6/12/06

Connected 22/12/06

Moved house 30/04/07

Complained 16/05/07

Connected 25/05/07

cheers for the advice.

ive also got a credit card with NWB which for the last year is in the hands of a DCA moorcroft then they sold it to intrum justitia,now i was wondering how can i claim charges ect from the time before they sold the debt,any advice much apreciated i dont have statments any more .

DPA SENT TO MBNA

7/4/07 40 DAYS MAY 16 ..

kinda worried if i send for statements from the original debtor they might say justitia have now the de3bt so see them ..

DPA SENT TO MBNA

7/4/07 40 DAYS MAY 16 ..

kinda worried if i send for statements from the original debtor they might say justitia have now the debt so see them ..

DPA SENT TO MBNA

7/4/07 40 DAYS MAY 16 ..

You'll be fine. A word though, just make sure that when you're settled you check all your records with Experian etc - I've had debts with IJ before and didn't think to check, now 5 years later when I need and can pay for a massive mortgage, one company won't give it because of the IJ cockup.

Just make sure you check everything afterwards, you can get a report from them for as little as a £2 chq or you can do it for about £15 online.

Sky Broadband:

Requested 5/11/06

Letter 6/12/06

Connected 22/12/06

Moved house 30/04/07

Complained 16/05/07

Connected 25/05/07

cheers every 1 just looked at royal mail tracker my prem letter arrived at boreham wood delivery office this morn looks like 14 days from today ..

DPA SENT TO MBNA

7/4/07 40 DAYS MAY 16 ..

topjet,

Brilliant, onwards and upwards.Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

I thought the 14 days period count starts - as from the date appearing in your letter, not the actual delivery date

Somebody correct me If am wrong

cheers every 1 just looked at royal mail tracker my prem letter arrived at boreham wood delivery office this morn looks like 14 days from today ..

C-L-A-I-M-E-D £1000 W-O-N £1000

My guess is that for your amount, they will settle or make offer at either Prelim or LBA stage. But dont be frightened. Stick to your timetables. Always. Dont show any weakness. Do what you say you will do. All the best. Fendy xxxxxxxxxxxx

i did all my charges on my own didnt use this sites spreadsheets does it matter , just been looking at all this intrest contract ect .

DPA SENT TO MBNA

7/4/07 40 DAYS MAY 16 ..

i would give them 14 days from the date they recieved your letter, i sent a letter to nwb in scotland took 12 days to get there. its not very fair to expect them to answer in 2 days.

so when do you start the 14 days?

the day on the recorded receipt at the post office 23 march mine was delivered at Borehamwood 26 mon

track your letters you get a reference no on your receipt

DPA SENT TO MBNA

7/4/07 40 DAYS MAY 16 ..

Your item with reference DH850697937GB was delivered from our BOREHAMWOOD Delivery Office on 26/03/07 .

Thank you for using this service.

The electronic Proof of Delivery may not be available for this item yet. Please allow up to 72 hours after delivery before checking

DPA SENT TO MBNA

7/4/07 40 DAYS MAY 16 ..

Posted twice. See post below.

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

26th March is the date deemed as served on Nat West. So count off calender days from then. Also sometimes they don't put an electronic proof of delivery on line. Keep checking and if they do post it. print off and keep for evidence,

ive found this on another site just wondered if its ok to put on main page of this site ..

Dear Members

We have now launched the Official petition to try and bring an end to

banks applying theses charges,

If your work in the media please publish this.

This petition is to ask the government to bring in legislation that

prevents banks or any company offering finance, or credit agreements from

applying charges (Penalty charges) for items as Bounced DDs, bounced

cheques going overdrawn, late payment or charges alike. We ask that the

Government bring in legislation that before any company can apply such

charges to a consumer that a Court, must rule that the level of charges

outlined in the contracts that a company/organisation wishes to present

to a consumer, is fair and reasonable and is compatible with the UTCCR.

This will also better protect the consumer and the vulnerable who’s

only cause of action at the moments is to start legal proceeding against

the company that has applied such charges. It will force companies to

legally prove that their contacts are fair and transparent. we request

that parliament make it a criminal offence for any Bank or company to

take such charges from state benefits without a court approval/order.

I hope you can spare a little time to sign the petition and also email

this to as many people as you can,

Here the link

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Penaltycharges/

Thank you for your time

DPA SENT TO MBNA

7/4/07 40 DAYS MAY 16 ..

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.