Abbey claims vs Abbey Mortgage question.

sassca

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello!

I've been wandering around the forum for a couple of days and have read through all the FAQ's and more than a few of your Abbey threads. I finally decided to claim my charges yesterday after I found out I've had over £500 worth of bank charges since January alone. Apart from feeling ashamed that I've let myself get in this much trouble, I'm furious that I can't pay my bills because of it! I had a couple of very unsatisfying conversations with Abbey yesterday when I rang to ask for some help and advice (including one hang up from the Debt Management dept). I did eventually get some help from a very helpful girl last night and she has cancelled some charges and issued me a £90 refund which should help me pay 3 of the dd's that are about to come out of my account.

However, I have some questions and concerns and am hoping that some of you might be able to give me some advice.

My mortgage is also with the Abbey and although it is completely up to date, I am worried that any claim might have some kind of detrimental affect on the mortgage with them. I'm also about to try and borrow some money on top of the mortgage as I need to buy the freehold to my home. My mortgage has lots of equity and I've been assured by Abbey that this won't be a problem if I decide to go ahead with it, but I don't want to rock the boat. Does anyone have any advice on this?

Also, whilst I have applied for a parachute account, I am slightly terrified that Abbey will close my account and/or withdraw my overdraft, because of the bad management of my account. Is this something that happens to lots of Abbey claimees?

I'd like to thank all of you who contribute to this forum, because although alot of the legal stuff scares the hell out of me, you're making it slightly easier to understand. I hope that one day I'll be able to help others like you are!

Having said all of this, I sent off my letter to the Data Protection Dept requesting my bank charges for 6 years, today by recorded delivery, so maybe I should have worried about the mortgage before this??!! It's just that I haven't seen any threads (although I'm sure there are some) where people are claiming from Abbey and also have their mortgage with them....

Any help will be very gratefully received.

Hi Sassca

I just did a search of the words 'Abbey & Mortgage' and found this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/72132-sho-abbey.html?highlight=Abbey+Mortgage

where a similar question is asked and answered. Have a read of this then if you want more info you could read the threads started by the people that have posted the replies, you can either just search for them by looking through the threads or you can click on their name in the box on the left of the reply, then you'll be on another page where it gives you the option to find threads started by xxx! Just click and search for the relevant one.

Hope this helps!

Also, don't be ashamed - we're all in the same boat, it must have started as a tug boat but now it's a whopping great big cruiser (or even something bigger!) Keep reading and you'll get information, keep posting and you'll get help, advice and moral support.

Good Luck!

Knellyk

• Haha 2

Thank you Knellyk. I had done a search with the exact wording as yours but I wasn't quite as thorough with the mountain of results! So thanks so much for browsing through for me and pointing me in the right place.