Jump to content

Council Tax again I know i am sorry

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Can anyone help me???


I was in debt to the council tax, however they applied an attachment of earning and went straight into my salary and took out out £500 before me!!!


However this cleared the bill, so I was then straight, I have today recieved a letter saying that they are about to approach my employer again for £230 for the year 2005, I have proof that they took it from my salary then too.


Are they allowed to keep going to my employer and taking these ridiculous amount without any prior consultation or consideration as to what their actions are doing to my family?


I am current working seven days a week doing on average 70 overtime to try and clear the debts i have amassed but if they keep doing this I will eventually lose my house.


Please help!!!!!



Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest Niklowe



Attachment of earnings


Page 10 of 14

What does the court do with the statement of means?


A court officer will look at the information given on the defendant's statement of means and decide how much the defendant can afford to pay.

The officer will take into account how much the defendant needs to live on for food, rent or mortgage and essentials and to pay regular bills, such as electricity. This is called the 'protected earnings rate'. If the defendant earns more than the protected earnings rate, an order will be made.

If the defendant is on a low wage, it may not be possible to make an attachment of earnings order.

The order will be sent to the defendant's employer saying how much to take and when to take it. The order will be sent by the Centralised Attachment of Earnings System (CAPS) in Northampton, which will be responsible for collecting payments. You will be sent a copy of this order.

The defendant can ask for the order to be suspended if he or she does not want the court to contact his or her employer. If the court agrees, they will tell the defendant to make regular payments direct to you.

If the defendant has a suspended order and does not pay, or pays and then stops, you can use Form N446 (Request for reissue of post-judgment process (other than warrant)) to ask the court to send the order to the employer. There is no fee for this and you can also get the form free from any county court office.


In red there 2 did, was this your case?


If not can you do the highlighted green part?



Sorry I can't be of more help

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Niklowe,


Thanks for the swift reply!!! Not sure what you mean here I have beed sent the letter and so has my employer, in which they have requested that they take this money out of April's salary which is on the 15th mmmmm not good!!! well its not for me anyway




Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...