Timeshare

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I Am A Bit Of Bother With My Timeshare Company I Have Not Been Able To Pay My Maintenance Fees For Three Years. They Have Now Said That They Are Going To Repossess The Week I Own I Have Been Paying This Since 1999 And Only Owe 2,300 To Get The Deeds Does Anyone Now If They Can Do This

marie

John

You will probably find that the company have the right to repossess your weeks if you have not paid your maintenance. It typically states this in the Deed you agreed to when you joined.

Normally, if you settle the outstanding maintenance fees, you will be restored to full membership.

From their point of view, the committee of members (or whoever) calculate the charges as being the total planned expenditure in any year apportioned across all members. If a member does not pay, the resort builds up a deficit - or the members who do pay are all surcharged to resolve this. Neither is popular with paying members!

I would suggest that you immediately offer to pay all maintenance fees in full - or alternatively try to terminate your ownership and lose your week.

• 1 year later...

On a completely different question, but still about timeshares has any one here dealt with Timeshare-wanted.com as I am looking at selling off my one week timeshare in cape cod.. Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated...:confused:

The company wants me to attend somewhere in wantage for necessary arrangements. Any ideas guys and girls...

I know nothing about timeshare, but one thing I am certain of is that you will not get nearly as good an offer from a company as you might be able to obtain elsewhere.

I know things are hard at the moment, but try advertising it before you plump for a company to 'attempt' to sell it for you. They can't guarantee that a sale will be made unless they are prepared to buy it themselves.