lowells & Capital One debt

meg&mog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello everyone i,m new to this just joined today;) i am currently having trouble with lowell portfolio i,these are foul ppl who have spoke to me very rudely my brother has sent all the relevant papers i don,t really understand alot of it :-? but i will post with any response i get from these ppl thanks :)

hi,yes i have had a few fone calls from them the most recent being yesterday in which he told me he could take my house(its a council) and put a attachement on my benefits before i get them he also sed any payments i send would have to be credit or debit card ONLY no acceptions when i told him i do not have either card he sed i should "upgrade my bank account" or get someone i know to pay it he kept repeating "we own this debt" over and over my brother told me to tell them i do not acknowledge any debt to your company this call is being recorded do you wish to continue they just carry on i have even bought a dictafone to record their next call i am sure i will hear again my brother sent them a harrassment by fone letter and also a letter asking for a signed true copy of the deed of assignment and a true copy of the alleged agreement and also a £1 cheque he sed they signed for all that yesterday so i am just waiting now :)

hi,yes i have had a few fone calls from them the most recent being yesterday in which he told me he could take my house

Just the kind of bowlarks I was on about... :mad:

(its a council) and put a attachement on my benefits before i get them

more of the same... :mad:

he also sed any payments i send would have to be credit or debit card ONLY no acceptions when i told him i do not have either card he sed i should "upgrade my bank account"

He must be on commission... more bowlarks !!

or get someone i know to pay it he kept repeating "we own this debt" over and over my brother told me to tell them i do not acknowledge any debt to your company this call is being recorded do you wish to continue they just carry on i have even bought a dictafone to record their next call i am sure i will hear again my brother sent them a harrassment by fone letter

Good. :)

and also a letter asking for a signed true copy of the deed of assignment and a true copy of the alleged agreement and also a £1 cheque he sed they signed for all that yesterday so i am just waiting now :)

Even better ! :D

With any luck, yiou will hear nothing... as that means that they won't have a CCA. Please let us know....

:)

hi all

had a letter from lowell this morning saying thanks for your request for cca but we need a £1 to cover this cost i got in touch with my brother who sent all that for me and yes he did put a £1 cheque in with it:rolleyes: i have sent a postal order recorded post i think they were trying to buy more time:mad: i am hoping it is a good sign i really dislike these awful ppl

ill keep you posted guys:D

hi all

had a letter from lowell this morning saying thanks for your request for cca but we need a £1 to cover this cost i got in touch with my brother who sent all that for me and yes he did put a £1 cheque in with it:rolleyes: i have sent a postal order recorded post i think they were trying to buy more time:mad: i am hoping it is a good sign i really dislike these awful ppl

Howdy Meg&Mog, just wanna say hi . . . !!! Hope you do manage to win against lowell, let's just say they are not on my Christmas card list this year !!!! I'm battling Hamptons Legal (same company as lowell) . . . Good luck to you !!!! :-)

hi all

Just a small update not too much to report i have sar,ed capital one:) who this debt was originally with they recieved it yesterday according to royal mail website now i am counting my 40 days,:rolleyes: i have not recieved any phone calls although i have had a couple of silent ones so i just let my dictafone run so they can hear that(i don,t think they would know what it is but it beats me listening) lol anyway ill be back with any progress thanks all:grin:

Hi,

I'd check that Lowells have cashed the £1 check. Did you or your brother that this specifically for was for the CCA as the sneaky so & sos' may put towards debt.

Also they have 12 days to respond to the CCA then they are in default. I'm sure better advise will follow.

Happy Hunting !!

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

hi trojan

thanks for your advice,yes my brother did tell them what to use the pound for he is a bit more regular on this site than me:) so i think he knew what they are capable of, i had a letter this morning thanking me for my request and £1 fee(which was sent on the 3rd) but they may need more than 12 days i thought oh well fine go over i am not going to say anything then they will default :grin: i am looking forward to what excuse i get :wink:

hi all

another small update had 2 identical reminders(one yesterday,one today)saying thank you for the £1 please note we are trying to get the information you request however may take more than 12 days

leads me to believe they did in fact recieve both payments :-x

i mean why lie???????

:D

Hi, Why lie you ask.....quite simple....they are Lowells! They squeezed an extra £1 out of you...I bet next time you see sight of your supposed debt amount it's gone down by £1!

I'm currently battling the Lowells mafia too, they haven't even acknowledged my CCA request (signed for by them on 2nd April).

I'll be watching your thread with interest to see how it pans out for you. Good luck.

Meg,

The clock's ticking...keep an eye on the timescale, they have the 12 working days from date of receipt to provide you with the information by law.

Not to clear on the 30 days afterwards..can someone confirm the correct position for meg.

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

hi,trojan and jimmie

hi both thanks for your thoughts you are right the clock is ticking by every day and i,m sure i will allegedly owe a £1 less next time lol

please do keep an eye on this thread and also let me know yours so i can do the same

thanks for your thoughts trojan i watch with interest:D

good luck to you both;)

hi all

another small update just recieved a letter(my postman is always this late) lowells are sending a doorstep caller to my home they say in previous letters they have made it clear to me that unless a acceptable offer of repayment was agreed they would take appropriate steps to recover the amount,as i have failed to contact them blah blah blah

they have recieved the cca request!

tut phew!!!!!!!

Hi, they promised to send someone to visit me too! I wrote saying that sending someone to my home wouldn't improve my financial situation, so it wouldn't be of any use! No one ever came, but I later had a letter from them saying that I had avoided their door to door agent and passed me to the next desk (Hamptons) for a telling off. Mind you I hadn't CCA'd them then.

I may be wrong but I don't think they should be sending more threatening letters until they have provided you with the info you have requested..but as I say I may be wrong.

hi zimmie

thanks for your reply

you are right they are not allowed to contact me i was told the letters would,nt stop maybe the phone calls won,t either(i have,nt had any since b4 easter)but they never cease to amaze do they?

i hope i don,t miss their doorstep caller,i would love to tell him i know they are not allowed to call here see his face

i will let you know if i "miss" them:)

hi everyone,

Had a reply to my cca request off of lowells today they enclosed a copy of what i,m not sure is the agreement,it has my signature and theirs but the first line is...

Please issue me with a capital one card and pin......

So i,m thinking it is a application but i have scanned them to my brother who knows more than me and we will see thay sent me a few statements i had this card in dec 04 they have sent me 9 pages of statements

Page 1 through to page 8 are month my month from dec 04 to june 05 then end balance at june 05 was £270.27

then page 9 is dated 14th feb 07 -14th march 07 tht shows the card balance as £860.45 what happened to 2006 and the end of 2005?

they still dont explain why the card got tht high with a £200 cred limit how can i claim charges back i can,t see?

they have offered to refund £256 of the charges at £12 per charge not the £20 they charged me and they don,t even say they charged me £20 they reckon it was £18 per charge its in black and white it was £20

don,t know what i,m going to do yet waiting for my brother to have a look at the paperwork for me

you gotta laugh though eh?

thanks guys :)

hi all

bit of a update......

sent lowells and capital one a letter regarding there fake agreement also sent lowells a harrassment letter that they recieved on 18.4.07 this will be the 2nd they have had still sending me letters :( most recent being today now it is lowell financial claiming to be writing on behalf of lowell portfolio i :???: i have had letters from lowell financial before so why they are pretending to have just got involved i don,t know anyway usual our objective is to bleed every single penny we can out of you unlawfully blah blah blah

these idiots are so persistant it,s getting annoying :evil:

any thoughts???

check out my thread

my friend vs lowells

youll get some info there

they have the CCA request, they didnt comply, they cant do a damn thing!

sorry to be quick but im heading out, ill come back later and help as much i as can

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

Hi all

another update.......had another load of statements from lowells this morning i am still 8 months missing on my statements had 2 covering letters from lowells in with them they say neither them or capital one can see any reason for non-payment......:mad: (so patronising)

also had a letter from lowells about their complaints process because they were harassing me so my brother wrote me a letter to send saying....stop it! in so many words they claim they are investigating

i,m hoping all this "faffing" about they are doing is good news for me but as ever i will keep you posted;)

thanks for reading

hi all

another update

i have another 2 letters from lowels this morning another copy of the application form for the capital one card they are trying to say it is the cca agreement,also a letter to inform me my debt was sold to them on 27/2/2007( like i did,nt know) however i never recieved this letter BEFORE lowells started harrassing me had 2 of the same letter SINCE they started harrassing me their 12 days was up on the 17th april i make it whoo hoo just realized that :) so now all i have to do is get them to leave me alone

had loads of statements off lowells as said in previous updates first 18 months short now still 8 months short its capital one i asked for them not lowells yet its them that have sent them and the cheque i have sent for the sars has,nt been cashed :confused:

i am waiting on capital ones reply to sars and to getting the charges took off till then lowells just dont get it :-x

thanks for reading

let lowells commit crime after crime,

its their can not yours!

hope everything works out for you!

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

Hi all

another update.......had another load of statements from lowells this morning i am still 8 months missing on my statements had 2 covering letters from lowells in with them they say neither them or capital one can see any reason for non-payment......:mad: (so patronising)

also had a letter from lowells about their complaints process because they were harassing me so my brother wrote me a letter to send saying....stop it! in so many words they claim they are investigating

i,m hoping all this "faffing" about they are doing is good news for me but as ever i will keep you posted;)

thanks for reading

Hi meg&mog, just read through your thread, you must have the same massive pile of letters from them that I have, especially the bit highlighted in red!:grin: As well as dealing with Lowell for myself (littlewoods card) I am also dealing with them on behalf of my hubby regarding his Cap One debt. As far as I can tell, it has been the same story as yours. I have recently successfully claimed back the unlawful charges from Cap One and reduced hubby's debt to Lowell from £464 to £80. As we too are in a council house and survive on income support they can expect a small monthly payment and no more. They def won't be happy about this as they prob only paid about £46 for the debt in the first place!:grin: Throughout the dispute I corresponded only with cap One, until they paid up. Lowell continued to send hubby letters, tho they have recently stopped. No doubt they will write soon, once they get their letter from Cap One telling them the debt has been reduced....oh to be a fly on the wall!

Keep at 'em meg, this site is full of support, these people are ****. Will be watching your thread with interest:)