So the banks can't come on here right.........

surreyscouse
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6542 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

but surely the staff can go on their computers at home and just log on and see what's happening and what we say about them. I mean, they must be able to identify who they think some of us areby naming them and putting excerpts of emails,letters,phone calls etc...

Any thoughts ?

Yes.

They won't be allowed to use them in court, under the Computer Misuse Act.

It says a lot about the opinion whe have of our banks when we are afraid of them being able to identify us when we're standing up to our rights, doesn't it?

interesting, i just get the feeling that they come on here in their spare time and see what we are saying about them.

Anything to substantiate that or... just gut feeling ?

If you have found this post (or any other post) useful ensure you click on the scales in the top right of that post to give credit where credit is due.:D

DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE AND WANT TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE LINK TO THIS FORUM ? Go to this thread:-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=52854

As ever, with (I believe most if not) all advice given on this website, I am not qualified to give any advice and you are duly warned that any decisions are your own decisions made on your own account and no liability will be accepted for any advice followed ! Use your own judgment.

Seek advice of a qualified, insured, professional if you have any doubts.

I can't help but think that a couple of people at a certain american bank may read some threads (can't think whose) and this may sway their decision. I'm talking people at quite a high level in a small office. just to see what we are saying about them. That, and certain comments that get dropped into conversation by THEM !! :mad:

So you reckon you could be personally getting the blame for the deluge in emails direct to specific staff at this American Bank ?

rofl.gif

If you have found this post (or any other post) useful ensure you click on the scales in the top right of that post to give credit where credit is due.:D

DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE AND WANT TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE LINK TO THIS FORUM ? Go to this thread:-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=52854

As ever, with (I believe most if not) all advice given on this website, I am not qualified to give any advice and you are duly warned that any decisions are your own decisions made on your own account and no liability will be accepted for any advice followed ! Use your own judgment.

well not just me, but I haven't exactly done them any favours now have I ?

Oh bless their poor ickle cotton socks !!!!!!

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Guest Lueeze

Banks do read this, apparently we can (used to) track them and know when they came here. They arent allowed to really, as it states they must tell us if they are here, but of course staff and banks WILL be looking around! They must be pooing themselves to see how many claims are going to be coming through the pipes, theres hundreds of us currently at DPA/Prelim/LBA stage let alone Moneyclaim!

I love the fact that they can see all of us rallying around, still they are in denial, soon the floodgates will open, especially after Trevor's ITV program! Brace yourselves for a influx of new users LOL!:D

Yes, you are correct.

I have a bank 'lurker' system that identifies banks looking in from their own hosts. If they come here from home, I have no idea if they are a bank or not.

I am going to publish the information 'real-time' on the top of the forum when I get the program finished.

For the 'old-school' forum members, you may remember the old system where it told you at the top of the forum which banks were in here at any given time.

I just needed to convert it to this forum software, and I've been busy with many other things, although the logging has been going on the whole time.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

So it would be possible for you to let SS (and me cos I'd be interested too) know if a certain american bank has been on here ?

yeah , but it surely can't be an offence if they come on here in the spare time which is pretty much where my initial thoughts were. Let's face it, the staff almost certainly come on here from home, it's not like we slag them off in our posts but we do (we me certainly) tell everybody everything that is going on with them, names and all and phone numbers, email addresses etc... So they probably do get offended although I like the thought of the staff reading what we are going to do the next day and then dreading going into work ! Now that I do like ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah , but it surely can't be an offence if they come on here in the spare time which is pretty much where my initial thoughts were. Let's face it, the staff almost certainly come on here from home, it's not like we slag them off in our posts but we do (we me certainly) tell everybody everything that is going on with them, names and all and phone numbers, email addresses etc... So they probably do get offended although I like the thought of the staff reading what we are going to do the next day and then dreading going into work ! Now that I do like ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The individual is also acting illegally...

Part of the T&C's (and we all know how the banks & their employees like their T&C's...) state that unless a bank employee notifies site staff of their status then their access to and use of this site is unauthorised and as such is an offence under s1 Computer Misuse Act

Guest Lueeze

Yep thats right Dinghy...thats why bank members that have posted before have been asked to stop until approval is granted, as some of them dont read the terms and conditions!! Oh dear, their fault then hey!:lol:

but are we agreed that the staff do come on here in their spare time ? I know I would if some arrogant little sod like me was giving me grief all day long at work !!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I am sure that they do... But it is still clearly illegal with a sentence of up to 5 years !!! SM_carton.gif

At the end of the day even if the banks do watch the site and can track some of their claims through the ONLY thing they will be able to do i get a feel for any particular claimants resolve. ie if we wait long enough will they chicken out.

Until they can come up with a defense which stands any possibility of standing up in court (and i think here that is an extremely remote possibility) then waiting and watching is all they can do.

When all is said and done they have only paid out £450K and even if you add some legal fees and admin costs it will only be approaching £1 Million. This is barely scartching the surface of their £3 BILLION raised in charges. They will have statiticians plotting charts and graphs at extortionate contracting rate telling them that this is probably just a storm to be weathered.

We need to make sure that this storm is on the scale that Jupiter experiences every day of the week or at least of the scale that America gets in tornado alley which levels the place every other year or so. (Still if you will build houses of sticks in the roughest part of the country what do you expect. Havent they heard of concrete? Most powerful nation on the planet, scary eh!)

Bank Claim Result

NatWest £2051 UnGagged myself. They paid up in full:D

Barclays £641.81 Settled in full.:D

MBNA AOL £390 account credited

MBNA Card £880 account credited

MBNA Loan £115 LBA 03/07

We need to make sure that this storm is on the scale that Jupiter experiences every day of the week or at least of the scale that America gets in tornado alley which levels the place every other year or so. (Still if you will build houses of sticks in the roughest part of the country what do you expect. Havent they heard of concrete? Most powerful nation on the planet, scary eh!)

Funny how we digress ! But strange all the same.

I think the bank will keep taking hits on refunding us until the OFT makes a further announcement. Then there will just be a barrage of claims from the 6 years prior to that announcement comes into effect .

Funny how we digress ! But strange all the same.

I think the bank will keep taking hits on refunding us until the OFT makes a further announcement. Then there will just be a barrage of claims from the 6 years prior to that announcement comes into effect .

Personally I'm not sure they won't strike some sort of deal to introduce some kind of protective law at the same time as abolishing their charges...

£3 BILLION can produce a lot of brown paper bags... Or am I just being cynical ?

Moral of the story.... Make sure you get your claim in first before it all reaches critical mass ! Otherwise you could miss out !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6542 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks