Nwdls vs Barclays

nwdls

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have just posted both of my prelim letters by recorded delivery against Barclays. Being new on this forum (and having already searched for answers to these questions) I have a few queries for the more experienced of you.

Both of my claims are quite small (£60 & £170), what are Barclays like in responding to small claims like this? Are they more likely to settle in full and quickly than for say claims of over £500?

I sent both prelims to the branches where I had opened the accounts - is this correct? or should I have sent them to Barclays reg'd office?

Any advice on the above queries gratefully accepted.

Thanks,

Nwdl

Ideally you would have posted them to London, but no worries I sent my request to my own branch, they will just forward it to head office, prob take a couple days longer thats all.

• Haha 1

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Thanks Dar3n - I'll keep you posted on what happens. I'm willing to take this all the way through to legal proceedings if necessary on principle if for no other reason.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Just a quick update, and a few unusual twists to the story. I had a reply to both prelims with the usual "blah,blah we'll contact you sometime next century" etc. So, I followed this up with two LBA's (one for each claim).

Here's the interesting part, had a second letter back regarding the £60 claim saying the same as the last letter (i.e. blah, blah, these things take time etc.). However this morning had a letter from Barclays about the £170 claim saying that they had made perfectly clear in their T&Cs when I opened my account that charges would be made etc. However they had credited my account by £150 as a "goodwill gesture without any admission of liability" and considered this full and final payment in light of the claim. Should I fight them for the £20 considering the hassle involved? I'm still going to go ahead with the £60 claim through MCOL on principle.

Any advice gratefully recieved.

nwdl

Hi again,

Another update - I received a letter yesterday offering me the £60 in full which is great, but I filed MCOL on Friday night! Anyone any idea what I should do now? If I decide not to proceed with the case I'll lose the £30 costs. The 14 days was up but they offered after that time and have already credited my account - HELP!!!

nwdl