Need to stop with all the hassle!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a few debts which I have listed below that I currently pay a debt management agency to pay because the debt collectors weren't listening to me. Kept demanding payments...I couldn't afford.

I thought it makes it easier if I got someone else to arrange payments. I pay £155 to the management agency and they forward it on.

TESCO CREDIT CARD - £1700 I've been paying them since september but they only started crediting my account in February!

TESCO LOAN - £1500

NEXT DIRECTORY - £250

STUDIO CARDS - £385

GE CAPITAL (BURTON STORE CARD) - £853 - I don't think they froze the interest because it seems to be alot more than I remember owing!

HALIFAX - £1620

PLUS MY HUSBANDS TWO

METROPOLITAN COLLECTION SERVICES - £1742 - Finally agreed to the monthly payment of £28 a month instead of £50

HSBC OVERDRAFT - £75 but I think its been paid off now but need my husband to check.

Thanks

Gemma

I have a few debts which I have listed below that I currently pay a debt management agency to pay because the debt collectors weren't listening to me. Kept demanding payments...I couldn't

afford.

Unfortunately, this is what they do.... and intimidate/frighten people onto paying more than they can afford. :mad:

I thought it makes it easier if I got someone else to arrange payments. I pay £155 to the management agency and they forward it on.

I would be surprised if this company is not creaming some of your money off for itself. I can understand your reason for turning to such a company when the pressure began to pile up... but there is a lot you can do to take control, banish these people to the hills... and stop worrying.

TESCO CREDIT CARD - £1700 I've been paying them since september but they only started crediting my account in February!

Why February ? You can send a SAR to Tesco to re-claim unlawful charges on the account. This will bring the outsanding balance down and you can then negotiate monthly repayments from there. Don't worry about the terminology... I will explain later. :)

TESCO LOAN - £1500

This should be covered under the same SAR (one company) mentioned above.

NEXT DIRECTORY - £250

CCA request

STUDIO CARDS - £385

CCA request

GE CAPITAL (BURTON STORE CARD) - £853 - I don't think they froze the interest because it seems to be alot more than I remember owing!

CCA request

HALIFAX - £1620

What is this for ? Overdraft ? Loan ?

PLUS MY HUSBANDS TWO

METROPOLITAN COLLECTION SERVICES - £1742 - Finally agreed to the monthly payment of £28 a month instead of £50

What is this for ? If it is loan/credit card, then a CCA request

HSBC OVERDRAFT - £75 but I think its been paid off now but need my husband to check.

SAR to the bank

Thanks

Gemma

A SAR stands for Subject Access Request. it is a legal request (under The Data Protection Act, 1998) for all transactional data held about you from a company/bank, including unlawful charges applied to your account, payments made by you, etc. A creditor or debt collection agency has 40 days within which to comply with this request.

A CCA request is a request for your Consumer Credit Agreement (under The Consumer Credit Act, 1974). A Creditor/debt collector has only 12 working days within which to comply, after which they are in default of a legal request and unable to enforce any further payment..... until the doc. is found and re-enforced in court. Most DCAs don't have it, which is why it is important to make this request when your account is with a debt collector. Most catalogue companies don't have it either.

All requests must be sent by recorded delivery, as this is your only proof that they have been made, on the dates specified.

:)