New here, needing help - Bank & Credit Card Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was extremely foolish & naive as a youngster, regularly clocking up charges for being overdrawn, going over credit limits, late repayments or non payments on the credit card (Barclaycard) and found myself in quite a bit of debt because of it, which I'm still trying to get out of.

I found myself being chased by debt collection companies for the credit card and organised a debt repayment plan at about £75 - £100 a month (I've forgotten the exact figure) - more than I could afford, but I was young and concerned about a damaged credit limit at least, or going to jail at worst.

When I found that I couldn't afford to keep up with paying £75, I would pay £50.

However, when my next bill came in, I would find that charges (including interest & late payment charges) which amounted to about £53 - so although I was repaying a hefty figure, I was slowly but surely creeping further into the red.

Where do I stand?

What can I reclaim?

Getting some sort of recompense would go a long way to repairing the damage I inflicted in my youth!

Hi Mr Falconer, welcome to the forum. You stand in a good position to claim back those charges which are unfair and unlawful. Rather than asking for guidance here, all of the information you need is already at your finger tips. Spend some time looking over the forum, reading peoples cases and look through the guidance notes and letter templates. It will take you a couple of days but then you will see just how unfair all of these charges have been and begin to take action to claim them back. I wish you all the best.

HSBC:

17/06/2006 Settled on offer of £785.00

Cahoot:

25/05/2006 DPA sent. 40 Days to comply.

06/07/2006 Deadline for DPA.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks