Help confused over interest spreadsheets - DAG

DAG

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I sent of my preliminary letter a couple of weeks ago claiming my charges. Should have had a reply today but nothing. So I am about to send off second letter (LBA)

I am a bit confused though with the spreadsheet that I sent. I filled mine out with the 8% interest added. Since then have read a few articles and on one of vampires spreadsheets it mentions that if you include the 8% interest then the banks will know you do not know what you are doing and not to claim it at this stage. This had not been posted when I did my spreadsheet.

Why then does the preliminary letter to claim your charges back include the xxxxx to put in the 8% charges! Also, on Martin Lewis' site it says that it doesn't matter if you include the 8% it's like a bargaining tool.

Hence me being a bit confused. Before I send my LBA I would like to know if I should redo my spreadsheet and leave out the interest or send my original one again.

Just when you think you've read everything then you come across more information which condradicts what you have read. Nothing seems very staightforward. I don't want to mess it up at this stage. What should I do. HELLLLLP!!!!!!:confused:

Hey Dag, it is a bit confusing this interest larky isn't it? Don't worry - you've not messed it up. The 8% interest can only be awarded by the courts, so technically it's not appropriate at prelim or LBA stages. However, as you've already sent them your schedule of charges showing the 8% interest, I think I'd be inclined to say something along the lines (in your LBA letter) of "...........claiming total of £xxxx, comprised of £xxxx in unlawfully applied charges and £xxx in interest. However, if this is settled during this 14 day period, I will accept the charges element only of this claim as full and final settelement. Please note that should court action be necessary, I will be claiming the £xxx in addition to the charges"

Might make them realise how much extra they'll have to pay up if they don't settle at LBA stage. Good luck Dag - let us know how you get on, hedgey xx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Thanks for your reply Hedgey.

That's great advice. Will do that. Here goes to another 14 days of waiting! Hopefully I will have some communication from them this time.

Rude lot.

Cheers Dag:p

Pleasure mate! :)

They are a bit rude that lot aren't they? Never mind - you'll soon have your dosh back! xx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.