Interest charges RBS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Guys,

This is my first letter to say hello and hope you will be able to advise me on my next step. I have asked for and now recieved my statements. In the reply to my request for these statements, I was told there would be no charge for them, but have just recieved a statement which clearly shows they have charged for this service.

I have trawled through them and listed the individual charges and dates, but before submitting the list to them, I recall someone saying to claim for interest as well. The letter from the Bank does actually say that interest charges will not be considered for refund. Is this correct or not... ? Is there a standard letter form I could refer to, to ensure I dont miss something which is critical to the claim.

I will post this and refer to the FAQ Section which will no doubt eventually explain ALL but a reasuring response from someone who DOES know would be very much appreciated. My next problem I can see will be finding out just how to work out assessing what interest is due on monies charged six years ago........ Help ........Cheers

Hi, nondeeploom

Initially you do not claim for interest,this comes at the stage of submitting your case before the court.

Welcome to the forum.

Please take time to read the faq's

use the template letters.

LINKS....

FAQs....

Templates Library....

There is also live chat, visit if you need any quick advice.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/chat/flashchat.php

Finally good Luck.

Happyolddog.

If my advice helps please tip the scales, left.

• Haha 1

Hello Guys,

This is my first letter to say hello and hope you will be able to advise me on my next step. I have asked for and now recieved my statements. In the reply to my request for these statements, I was told there would be no charge for them, but have just recieved a statement which clearly shows they have charged for this service.

How much did they charge?

I have trawled through them and listed the individual charges and dates, but before submitting the list to them, I recall someone saying to claim for interest as well. The letter from the Bank does actually say that interest charges will not be considered for refund. Is this correct or not... ? Is there a standard letter form I could refer to, to ensure I dont miss something which is critical to the claim.

Read this it will help you with what you can and can not claim!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/15518-charges-description-statements-please.html

I will post this and refer to the FAQ Section which will no doubt eventually explain ALL but a reasuring response from someone who DOES know would be very much appreciated. My next problem I can see will be finding out just how to work out assessing what interest is due on monies charged six years ago........ Help ........Cheers

Did you put these on the excel spread sheet? If so it should work out the interest for you. You need to include the list of charges with your Prelim letter and your LBA but do not include the interest until you get to MCOL stage.

Good Luck!