• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

RedCEL vs Lloyds TSB **WON**

RedCEL
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted until now:rolleyes: . Have had a lot on what with the full on Dad thing and my wife expecting a 2nd child antime now :eek:!

I've been paying Bank charges left, right and centre for the last 10 years , nevermind 6. Sent off my request for 6 years bank charges to Lloyds TSB on the 24th of Feb. 40th day is on the 5th of April. Just hope they reply within the period.

Always knew bank charges were unfair. Argued the toss once over the phone with a Halifax operator asking how an electronic transaction like the charges we accrued on our joint acc (approx £78), could be justified. She never gave me a clear cut answer and after talking to someone higher up they eventually refunded us the charges as a good will gesture but stated that it would be the last time they could help us in this manner.

:-x So damn annoying when I think back to all the times I've come close to financial ruin and they made the situation doubly worse by hitting me with these unlawful charges.

Just hoping and praying that this could be a major turning point in my life and that I receive some good luck for once.

Hello everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted until now:rolleyes: . Have had a lot on what with the full on Dad thing and my wife expecting a 2nd child antime now :eek:!

I've been paying Bank charges left, right and centre for the last 10 years , nevermind 6. Sent off my request for 6 years bank charges to Lloyds TSB on the 24th of Feb. 40th day is on the 5th of April. Just hope they reply within the period.

Always knew bank charges were unfair. Argued the toss once over the phone with a Halifax operator asking how an electronic transaction like the charges we accrued on our joint acc (approx £78), could be justified. She never gave me a clear cut answer and after talking to someone higher up they eventually refunded us the charges as a good will gesture but stated that it would be the last time they could help us in this manner.

:-x So damn annoying when I think back to all the times I've come close to financial ruin and they made the situation doubly worse by hitting me with these unlawful charges.

Just hoping and praying that this could be a major turning point in my life and that I receive some good luck for once.

Hello and welcome, your fightback starts now.

Ok firstly read the FAQS and the step by step instructions these are linked in my signature. read some of teh success threads in your bank forum these will explain the process to you. Start a thead in your bank forum and post your progress/questions there.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, a big hello to everyone:) . It's good to know that I'm not alone and that there are good people out there willing to offer support to those on the fringe of what feels like a monumental and daunting journey:-| .

Here's an update so far. Sent my SAR on the 25th Feb. Got a reply on the 20th March. They have only sent me 5yrs 6mths worth of charges along with a standard letter saying the following:

" I refer to your recent request for copies of statements on your account to enable you to reconcile your charges. Please find enclosed details of charges going back to the date you opened your account or 1st September 2001, whichever date is most recent.

If there are no charges for a certain period the charging details will not be included.

You may now wish to proceed with your claim for reimbursement of charges but , if you do feel you need further statements, this will take longer to access our archived data. Please let me know by returning this letter in the attached pre-paid envelope and I will order them for you

Under the terms of the Data Protection Act, we are allowed up to 40 days to fulfill your request".

This came across as a bit of a stall tactic at this early stage so I sent back their letter after photocopying it, along with a letter of my own saying:

"Thank you for yours dated 20th March 2007.

As requested I am returning your letter as further statements are required for the following period:-

Period from, 24th Feb 2001 to 31st Aug 2001 (Both dates inclusive).

In my original request dated 24 Feb 2007, I clearly requested details of my bank charges dating back six years, but you have so far only provided details of charges going back to the 1st Sept 2001 (5 years, 6 months).

In view of the above and to comply with the 40 day deadline under the terms of the Data Protection Act, I trust this further information will be forthcoming by the 5th April 2007, this being the 40 day deadline date from the date of my original request (24th Feb 2007) and not the date of this subsequent letter.

I look forward to your reply".

I've now come to realise I should have given them 2 days to recieve the SAR so the end of the 40 days is actually on the 7th of April not the 5th.

If by that time they dont send the remainding 6 months of charges, do you think I should allow them another 40 days or should I report them to the Information Commissioners Office. Your insight would be greatfully appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all.

I refer to my opening post which read:

"First of all, a big hello to everyone:-) . It's good to know that I'm not alone and that there are good people out there willing to offer support to those on the fringe of what feels like a monumental and daunting journey:-| .

Here's an update so far. Sent my SAR on the 25th Feb. Got a reply on the 20th March. They have only sent me 5yrs 6mths worth of charges along with a standard letter saying the following:

" I refer to your recent request for copies of statements on your account to enable you to reconcile your charges. Please find enclosed details of charges going back to the date you opened your account or 1st September 2001, whichever date is most recent.

If there are no charges for a certain period the charging details will not be included.

You may now wish to proceed with your claim for reimbursement of charges but , if you do feel you need further statements, this will take longer to access our archived data. Please let me know by returning this letter in the attached pre-paid envelope and I will order them for you

Under the terms of the Data Protection Act, we are allowed up to 40 days to fulfill your request".

This came across as a bit of a stall tactic at this early stage so I sent back their letter after photocopying it, along with a letter of my own saying:

"Thank you for yours dated 20th March 2007.

As requested I am returning your letter as further statements are required for the following period:-

Period from, 24th Feb 2001 to 31st Aug 2001 (Both dates inclusive).

In my original request dated 24 Feb 2007, I clearly requested details of my bank charges dating back six years, but you have so far only provided details of charges going back to the 1st Sept 2001 (5 years, 6 months).

In view of the above and to comply with the 40 day deadline under the terms of the Data Protection Act, I trust this further information will be forthcoming by the 5th April 2007, this being the 40 day deadline date from the date of my original request (24th Feb 2007) and not the date of this subsequent letter.

I look forward to your reply".

I've now come to realise I should have given them 2 days to recieve the SAR so the end of the 40 days is actually on the 7th of April not the 5th.

If by that time they dont send the remainding 6 months of charges, do you think I should allow them another 40 days or should I report them to the Information Commissioners Office. Your insight would be greatfully appreciated"

Well the 40 days expired on the 7th of April. I thought I'd give them a few more days to respond, compensating for the bank holiday but still nowt:mad: !!

Should I now write to them informing them that the original 40 days are up and that I intend to report them to the Information Commissioners Office or should I just report them anyway? They did respond within the time period but not with the full info as requested. Ooh! And what about claiming beyond 6yrs? Should I look into that once I'm further down the line, maybe get the ball rolling first?

Would love to hear your thoughts peeps! Cheers!

What do you think peeps?

Should I allow them the luxury of another 40 days seeing as they have only provided me with 5 yrs 6 mths charges? That's what they've angled for if I want the remainding charges.

Dont know why no1s replying. its not very busy on here tonight. What exactly did you ask for in your SAR?

Abbey - *SETTLED IN FULL!* ;)

-£445 refunded after one phonecall

HERE

Lloyds - Reclaiming Charges ***WON!***

-09/05/07 - Prelim delivered

-22/05/07 - LBA sent - no response

-11/07/07 - Filed at court

- 26/07/07 - Full settlement offer!!!! Donation made ;)

HERE

Next - Trying to Sue us with no agreement! :lol:

-29/06/07 - Defence filed

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

-19/09/07 - Claim struck out!! :p

HERE and continued HERE

PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES IF I'VE HELPED!

Hello there:D . The Standard 6 years. Sent the template SAR letter and a week before the 40 day deadline I got my list of charges but 6mths were missing.

Read the above post to see what they sent me. Cheeky buggers:evil:

Well certainly dont give them another 40 days. You need to write a letter saying that they have not complied full with your SAR and you give them a further 7 days to comply. See here for more detail

1. Data Protection Act, Subject Access Request letter - List of charges

Last point at the bottom

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

That's what I did. Stating that they had the remainder of the original 40 days to comply. I even gave them a little leeway considering the 40 day deadline expired around the bank holiday.

Do you mean I should send a further letter stating my intent to report them unless they comply within 7 days?

Thanks by the way for your input. It's totally appreciated.

What im saying is that you should write them a letter saying that court action will be started after 7 days if they dont comply with your SAR. But only when the 40 days is up. You're basically giving them an extra 7 from the date of the letter you write in which to give you what you've asked for or else you will apply for a court to order them to do it.

If you end up having to do this it will just be longer before you can send you're LBA in which time the interest is all adding up anyway :D

This should probably get them into gear...:rolleyes:

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

Thanks for that Monopoly23. Will do. By they way. UPDATE!!

Lloyds TSB have sent what appears to be a standard letter apologizing and refunding me the sum of £137.57 after reviewing the details of my account. Can you believe they hadn't set up an interest free zone within my overdraft (What are they like??!! those forgetfull little tinkers) and subsequently acted quickly to rectify the situation to avoid causing me any further strife (God Bless 'em!).

So as a result I'm now happy and confident in my bank knowing that they have my best interests at heart (Sniff) and I will know longer be seeking any future charges as I trust their calculations 100%.

Hang on...I forgot something....oh yeah, HA!!! In a pigs eye!!! Read 1 or 2 of these standard letters already on the site and laughed when I recieved mine. Thankfully I've got you lot on my side.

Anyone else got one of these?

Has anyone else recieved the standard "we're sorry and here's a refund of peanuts!" letter??

Just wondering if this is a new stall tactic or one Lloyds TSB have employed for quite some time. It really is an insult to anyone's intelligence if they think they can fob people off with this kind of feeble measure.

Anyway. I'm now in the process of writing the "7 days or else:mad: " letter and thank you so far for the help and advice (monopoly23 and nicsussex).:)

Has anyone else recieved the standard "we're sorry and here's a refund of peanuts!" letter??

Just wondering if this is a new stall tactic or one Lloyds TSB have employed for quite some time. It really is an insult to anyone's intelligence if they think they can fob people off with this kind of feeble measure.

Anyway. I'm now in the process of writing the "7 days or else:evil: " letter and thank you so far for the help and advice (monopoly23 and nicsussex).

:-)

4 threads merged

Please keep to the one thread for each of your claims .This is for your

benefit as you will recieve much more informed advice if people can

see at a glance what you have done so far

Hi

Is it this kind of letter:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/82108-ltsb-give-away-money.html

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone. Just a quick update. Everything has been straight forward up to now thanks to the meticulous help and support from the forum. Thank you. Have recieved a Notice of Allocation to the Small Claims Track (Hearing) along with the allocation questionare. The hearing is this week and apparantly just takes 10 minutes. Questionaire needs to be in soon, will sort that out tomorrow along with the rest of my bundle. This may seem like a dum questionicon11.gif but is this hearing actually the main event? It's just that the hearing date is before the completion date of the questionaire. Please helpicon9.gif.

Hello everyone. Just a quick update. Everything has been straight forward up to now thanks to the meticulous help and support from the forum. Thank you. Have recieved a Notice of Allocation to the Small Claims Track (Hearing) along with the allocation questionare. The hearing is this week and apparantly just takes 10 minutes. Questionaire needs to be in soon, will sort that out tomorrow along with the rest of my bundle. This may seem like a dum questionicon11.gif but is this hearing actually the main event? It's just that the hearing date is before the completion date of the questionaire. Please helpicon9.gif.

Things seem to be in the wrong order, you complete the AQ, then you get allocated (to the small track etc.).

Can you post up the wording of the order verbatim please.

Given it is this week (so soon) and 10 mins only it seems to be the prelim hearing.

You must stick to one thread, I will get your other threads merged.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.