What do they think an SAR is?

Jacqueline07
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - I have just requested SARs from three old mortgage companies. One sent back every piece of correspondence, statements and original mortgage application (lovely). Two, however, deemed it satisfactory to send a list of mortgage payments etc by way of a statement - and thats it.

Does this constitute an SAR? Shouldn't it include all correspondence, original application etc.

One of these is my current lender (for the time being) and I'm trying to ascertain what they charge £50 per month (and £35 for cheque/direct debit return) for and that they don't actually send out anything to me to justify this charge - not even to tell me what has happened.

I know this is mainly to do with mortgage companies - but I really wanted to know what consitutes a FULL SAR.

Thanks for any comments - Jackie

Abbey: Settled - now for no. 2

Dudley Building Society : claim dismissed - no costs

London Scottish: settled in full :oops:

Capital One - settled in full :p

"Energy and persistence conquer all things" Benjamin Franklin

Any advice, information and thoughts given by me are just my humble opinion

it really depends what information you asked for in your SAR. I know of some people who have had back a gobbldygook list of codes that no one but the bank can fully understand.

be explicit in your request for info and ensure you ask for any codes to be explained to you so you can read the data...!

pip pip........

Preliminary request sent to lloyds 7.3.07

LBA sent to lloyds 21.3.07

N1 form filed at the court 4.4.07

If you used the template in the library and they have sent out a list of transactions and charges then it is likley they have complied.

If there are any codes you need to understand to interpret the info they send out this should be supplied for complaince to be complete.

If you want other documents then the SAR from the template library should be amended to reflect that wish imho.

The DPA includes a section which confrims that a subject may request partial info, my view is that this is what the site template does.

I doubt you would get a court or the ICO (who i have discussed this with at length) to agree otherwise.

If you want info they havent supplied then you need send another SAR but it must make it clear that the info you required has not been previousley requested otherwise they have a right to refuse to comply.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Thank you to both for the replies. My mistake - I didn't amend it as much as I thought I had. Never mind - it's enough to start with.

Jackie

Abbey: Settled - now for no. 2

Dudley Building Society : claim dismissed - no costs

London Scottish: settled in full :oops:

Capital One - settled in full :p

"Energy and persistence conquer all things" Benjamin Franklin

Any advice, information and thoughts given by me are just my humble opinion