ME VS HALIFAX - they gave me an offer!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello guys,

Thank you all for the updates and all the examples that you have allowed us to use in claiming back our charges. Once I get my cheque, which will be in a couple of days? I intend to donate (I don't know if you still accept donation).

I started this in DEC 06 reading all I could before I went for mine in late Feb. I have now gotten an offer letter £83.00 short of what I asked for, they also said I should sign and agree that I will not claim again if it happens because its my responsibilty to make sure my account is in credit.

Is this a bluff? should i just sign and get my pay? or should i fight on and get the £83.00? Fact is, I could do with the money like yesterday....

In your responce, kindly let me know how to support this site if you have done so in the past.

Thanks

Information gives power 8-)

Based on recent experience don't count on it, I made the mistake of believing the Halifax when I accepted an offer that it would be paid within two weeks ..... they didn't and I have ended up at the court stage anyway but wasted two weeks waiting for them, from now on stick to the timetable and if they can't pay up before your time scales expire move on to the next stage. I have now taken the view that they are playing stalling games and are taking the mickey, until the cash is in my hand I will not stop, as far as Halifax is concerned actions speak louder than words.

Hello guys,

Thank you all for the updates and all the examples that you have allowed us to use in claiming back our charges. Once I get my cheque, which will be in a couple of days? I intend to donate (I don't know if you still accept donation).

I started this in DEC 06 reading all I could before I went for mine in late Feb. I have now gotten an offer letter £83.00 short of what I asked for, they also said I should sign and agree that I will not claim again if it happens because its my responsibilty to make sure my account is in credit.

Is this a bluff? should i just sign and get my pay? or should i fight on and get the £83.00? Fact is, I could do with the money like yesterday....

In your responce, kindly let me know how to support this site if you have done so in the past.

Thanks

Hi pta6 ;)

I agree with harrythehawk and wanted to add that there is a paypal donation button on the site which takes you to the paypal area where you can fill in how much you would like to donate. Straightforward, done it myself in the past.

Good luck with your claim, and ask yourself why should you get less back than what they took off you? ;)

-Warms (Alexandra)-

---------------------------------------------

Whatever I post is just my opinion, no more, no less!:!:

NatWest=>settled in full, no strings!:D

NatWest creditcard=>settled in full, no strings!:D

Thanks for the advice guys, but what do I do now? accept the offer as initial payment or how do I go ahead. The 10th of April will mark the day that the LBA will expire.

Information gives power 8-)