40 Day Deadline

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent the request for a list of bank charges to the Data Protection Manager (recorded delivery & marked private and confidential), which arrived at their office on 13th March. I havent heard anything yet from them. I am a little concerned as they havent even cashed the £10.00 chq yet that I sent with the letter (they only have 18 days left to respond). Can someone tell me what the average waiting time is before you receive the comprehensive lift of charges. thanks.

I cannot tell you the average waiting time, but just a pointer the 40 days runs from when they received your letter and cheque, if they choose not to cash it then thats thier problem

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Some banks have been relying to say that they have 8 weeks to provide the info but the Data Protection Act stipulates the 40 day turnaround.

So if nothing is received back within this timeframe then write back to them and also mention that they are in breach of the DTA and that you will making a complaint to the Information Commissioner.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

• 2 weeks later...

hope this helps people who like me are still waiting for Shabby to send them their microfiche statements (there 40 day deadline for me ends 22nd april) . I spoke to a man tonight called peter who said the most senior person to speak to in the DPA Dept is Debbie Waghorn . Her Direct number is 01908 344 381. She is normally there from 08:45 till 7pm trying to catch up on the backlog.:D