Can I claim '' ACCOUNT CHARGES'' ??

SNOOPY22
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

just about to total up all the charges and send it with my prelim letter;

just a quick couple of questions which Im still confused about, which of these can I claim for ;

Account Charge - £10 - seems to be same day every month, Im a gold account memeber if that makes any difference so Im just wandering if that payment is for the extras u get with that account type, i.e travel insurance, mobile phone insurance, breakdown cover....

Overdraft Usage Fee ??

Overdraft Interest ??

would appreciate any help

thanks guys & gals

Snoop

Hi Snoop / All :)

I'm not sure myself about the OD usage fee so if anyone out there knows please help as I'm in the process of calculating my charges too :-| ????

I pay an account charge of between £4 -7 each month this is supposed to be for an OD & extras but I'm getting charged £20 a month for OD usage fee too?

I do know you can't claim interest back on OD charges but one way round it is to calculate the interest on the money that owe you & ask for that back too!

Any unauthorised OD fee you can claim back, unpaid direct debits, cheque or standing order fees. Late charges too can be claimed back.

Ta

Tillz

Hi all

just about to total up all the charges and send it with my prelim letter;

just a quick couple of questions which Im still confused about, which of these can I claim for ;

Account Charge - £10 - seems to be same day every month, Im a gold account memeber if that makes any difference so Im just wandering if that payment is for the extras u get with that account type, i.e travel insurance, mobile phone insurance, breakdown cover....

No - thats a perfectly legitimate service charge. If you don't get any benefit out of the perks then tell them you want a normal no-fee current account.

Overdraft Usage Fee ??

Yes.

Overdraft Interest ??

No - unless you work out the proportion which was levied solely as a result of (i.e. on top of) each unlawful charge. Probably not worth the hassle IMO

would appreciate any help

thanks guys & gals

Snoop

;)

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.