Hi all! ChrisExtreme Vs Egg

Chrisextreme101

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Afternoon all!

Just wanted to make myself known and say hi to everyone here at the Consumer Action Group.

I sent off my DPA several weeks ago and got my statements fairly promptly......I totalled up the charges to £360.

I sent off the request letter and 3 days later recieved this letter:

'I'm sorry that you have had to complain blah blah. We will start to work on your case right away and one of our customer relations advisors will be back in touch to advise you of our progress. Blah Blah.

We will do everything we can to resolve this with you as quickly as possible. Here are the timescales that our relulator, the financial Services Authority, requires us to work to. In the vast majority of cases we resolve problems a lot quicker than this:

1.We must acknowledge reciept pf your complaint within five days

2.If we are unable to resolve your complaint within four weeks of reciept, we must comntact you and explain why. We will also give you an indication of when we will be in touch.

3.If we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction within 8 weeks of receipt, we must contact you again and explain why. You can then take this to the financial ombudsman service if you do no accept earlier resolution. You have six months from the date of our resolution to do this.'

Now thats 8 weeks!! or more! The letter i sent states 14.....surely they have to comply by this?......Am i correct in thinkning this?.......Is this a standard letter you recieve....and what steps do people take following this? :confused::shock:....please help! :)

Many Thanks and look forward to progressing through this with you all :D

Chris

Guest ian cognito

It's the usual templated letters they are using, on with your timetable, 14 days from the prelim to the LBA.

Afternoon all......Hope you all had a good Easter!!

Further to this letter above 1 week later, on the 5th April i recieved this letter:

'Thank you for your letter blah blah

1.Your credit Card agreement with Egg states that charges will be added to your account if you exceed your limit blah blah

2. You allege that these charges are a penalty. You have put forward no evidence to support this allegation and we do not accept it. Blah Bah

3. You may have followed the recent media coverage blah blah

4. Following conclusion of this investigation, the OFT indicated that it would not proceed further against Egg on the basis that Egg reduced its charges from £20 to £16. Without any admission in relation to the previous level of charges, Egg has reduced the charges charges accordingly. This reduction does not apply retrospectively, but in your case we are prepared, without any admission of liability, to apply the reduction to the £20 charges. If this is acceptable to you, we will credit your account with a total of £56 (being £4 per default charge on your account, on the basis of 14 x £20 defaults)

Blah Blah Blah

So they wanna pay me off a little?! Pah.....

Is this letter normal guys and whats my next step?? Please help :confused:

Thanking you very much

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/egg/79743-second-claim-against-egg.html

After 15 (?) years in business, Egg gives its £16 charge a hilarious description of "honest pre-estimate". Presumably 15 years later Egg has carefully chosen not to check out these "pre-estimates" against "actual costs", which in the case of Yorkshire and Clydesdale Banks was uncovered by the BBC Whistleblower programme of 21st March 2007 to be £2 per item.

Egg can be invited to court to reveal their stats after the event justifying their famous "pre-estimate" of £16. It is believed they will keep a safe distance away, the way they did with £20 charges.

Guest ian cognito

Send them the LBA, you could combine it with a rejection letter but it hardly seems worth the effort from what they are offering, worth remebering that Egg have been to court and had their portion of the charges reduced to £5 and made the national papers, not sure they'd want to risk it again.