English or Scottish Systems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am about to start the process of reclaiming my fees, however I have one question.

I opened my account in England and have never changed branches, however the bank has changed my branch to Edinburgh (I have no idea why this happened). Can I still claim through the English system?

Is the post code Scottish or English ?

I am a consumer helping other consumers. Together we can and will make a differance. Please double check any information or advise I may give as I like yourself am learning as I go along in life.

1) give a small donation to this site to keep it going because without this forum I would know nothing.

2) Use your experience to help somone else on another thread.

Please do not PM me, my mail address is my username at this site address . I will not under any circumstances give out advise or help through mail, only on the open forum, however feel free to mail me to point me towards your thread and general talk etc.

The post code of my new branch is Scottish, in Edinburgh. However I opened my account in London, have never moved it. I've never even been to Edinburgh - although I'm told it's a great place!

Can I just go through HBOS head office in Leeds and go through the English courts?

Can I just go through HBOS head office in Leeds and go through the English courts?

Yes, but if you need to quote branch address use the London one. But all correspondance I would do to Leeds. Dont allow your self to get trapped by Scottish law.

I am a consumer helping other consumers. Together we can and will make a differance. Please double check any information or advise I may give as I like yourself am learning as I go along in life.

1) give a small donation to this site to keep it going because without this forum I would know nothing.

2) Use your experience to help somone else on another thread.

Please do not PM me, my mail address is my username at this site address . I will not under any circumstances give out advise or help through mail, only on the open forum, however feel free to mail me to point me towards your thread and general talk etc.