give me my money back v Leek united

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

H i Guys this is first time I have posted to this site. I have just successfully claimed nearly 7000 gbp from Halifax for a current account, now it is time to claim penalty charges from my mortgage with Leek United. The mortgage started in 1991 and I paid up in May 2004.

1. can I claim back for 12 years of the mrtgage or just 12 years back from now

2. I have sent my dpa letter which has just been returned to me, but states that the society only holds 10 years worth of records and can only go back to 1995 for me, is this right or legal?

3. I asked for "sundry payments" to be clarified and itemised, but they havnt, all they have done is sent copy statements bsck to 1995. Is this compliant with dpa request.

They have told me it will take another 10 - 14 days to comply with my further requests, this will take them way beyond their stat 40 day limit to reply. Any suggestions?

Hi Give me,

You can claim back 12 years from the date you file your claim if the charges were actually added onto the loan. If you paid the charges on top of your monthly payment the normal 6 years limitation applies and you would need to invoke s.32 LA 1980 to go back further.

Under a SAR they are required to send all onfo they hold on you. If 10 years is what they hold then that is all they are required to send.

Clarification of what charges are applied for does not come under the SAR as it is not data which is personal to you. This is the sort of thing you could include in your preliminary request.

All the best

Zoot