Barclays Offer

Montel8

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I started the process of reclaiming my bank charges 3 weeks ago. I requested my bank statements for the last 6 years which I am still waiting for. Barclays have offered me £830 instead.

As I am awaiting the statements I am not sure if this a fair offer, although I suspect it is half of what they owe me as I am covering 2 current accounts.

however I feel that by receiving this offer it is an admission of guilt on their part. I have now written again thanking them for the offer but asking for clarification if it applies to both accounts or just one and if so do I need to take separate action on my other account and why I have not received my statements.

I am feeling quite positive about this now. I suspect I will never see the bank statements though. They are still slapping charges on me from all angles so I will ask them for a date from start to the date they have refunded my charges to. Then I suspect I will have to continue to claim for charges incurred after that date.

Fingers crossed I will get a better offer.

Yep, do it.

Their normal percentage offer is pretty poor, so you'll certainly be better off if you get your statements and sue them for the full amount, plus interest if it goes to the court stage.

They can't keep the info from you if you do the DPA request as suggestes above; only trouble is they get 40 days to comply, and they tend to use all of it....

Best of luck,

D.

Barclays (2 accounts) WON

Lloyds TSB (Daughter's) WON

Cohen's: WON (discontinued)

DLC: Given up, gone away.

Eversheds: Trying!

Equidebt: In default

Intrum J: Return to OC

iQor: Stopped paying.

Link: In default.

ScotCall: Return to OC

Thames: Stopped paying.

I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and staff who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys a bit of advice please.

I rejected the offer and sent a letter asking for more information as I had not received my statements and did not know if the offer was for both of my current accounts or just the one mentioned on the letter.

I also lodged a complaint as my 40 days is well and truly up for the statements to arrive and they have been requested 4 times,5 if you include the complaint.

Then I read on the forum that most people accept the offer as part payment and advise the bank that they will pursue the rest that is due to them ( which I am still in the dark about as I dont have my statrements).

I have now done this as I really do need the money and I am waiting to see what happens.

Today I have received a letter advising me that they are closing one of my accounts and demand full settlement in 14 days otherwise It will be passed to a debt collection agency and possibly go to court and affect my credit rating.As you will probably realise the bank charges form the majority of the money that I owe them. however when I spoke to the collections dept last Sunday to come to some arrangement and told them this they said my claim was a separate issue and I could not rely on getting my charges back to put the account in order. Fair enough but I did point out that they obviously thought I had a case if they had already made me an offer. At no pint did she mention that they were plannig to close my account. I also did as she said and sent them a summary of my outgoings as she said that they were going to arrange a small loan so that I could pay them back in affordable amounts.

I have not heard a thing until I got this letter about closing my account. I have just fired off another letter enclosing the letter with the summary as I do not think Collections are liaising with Consumer Finanace. I hate speaking to them on the phone as I never get any helpful people.

I am ok with them closing the account as I am sick of Barclays anyway.

Any ideas what i should do about them demanding full payment in 14 days?

Cheers:evil:

if its the account that you're claiming charges from they can't do that, it's clearly to intimidate you

tell them that the account is in dispute and for them to do anything to it until the claim is complete contravenes the banking code

if you look in the templates library I think there's a letter to deal with this

or look through the threads for something suitable, they try this from time to time, they stop pronto once they realise you know what's what

Interesting.

I'm in the same position regarding the 2 account business. They sent me an offer, but it's not clear on what account!

I think a big stick is being waved, but it's one of those inflatable ones that do no damage.

Micky's right; they can't take any action on an account that's 'in dispute', so I suggest you write back and let them know that you're aware of this.

will be back with more info in the a.m.

Best,

Oneofakind.;)

Barclays (2 accounts) WON

Lloyds TSB (Daughter's) WON

Cohen's: WON (discontinued)

DLC: Given up, gone away.

Eversheds: Trying!

Equidebt: In default

Intrum J: Return to OC

iQor: Stopped paying.

Link: In default.

ScotCall: Return to OC

Thames: Stopped paying.

I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and staff who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.

Thank you for the advice. I have been struggling to find a template letter about them closing my account whilst Im in dispute with them. Does anybody have a link?

Many thanks

Barclays have responded to a complaint that I have made regarding the potential closure of my account and that I had still not had my bank statements or any responses to my letters requesting them.

Guess what, they must have mislaid them ( their words not mine!!!!!!). they have asked me to send them to them again so that they can look into my issues.

I'm not sure if they are trying to fob me off, delay things or are just inefficient.

getting mighty p'd off with them (as if i wasn't before )

Hx