Lloyds contact number/email

GsEd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I just tried the calling Lloyds (Penny Berryman 02075225202) and it seems that she has been flooded with calls re bank charges and resorted to a voicemail system.

She says for any charges enquiries to email the following address:

[email protected]

Has anyone done this? and if so was had any success?

I am a bit dubious whether to email or not as I do not want to jeapodise my claim.

I sent the DPA letter on 28th Feb, recorded delivery with a cheque (written by my gfriend - hope this doesnt matter as i have no cheque book!) and have had no reply.

Any help/advice/suggestions much appreciated!!

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

The banks have to comply with your DPA Subject Access Request (SAR) letter within 40 days so, if you posted your letter on 28 Feb, their allowed time has not yet expired.

Check with the Post Office that your recorded delivery letter was, in fact, delivered and when. Assuming it was signed for within a day or two of your posting it, I would expect that your statements will arrive by 10 or 11 April.

Good luck.

Ok I recieved a letter yesterday, rather scrappy I must add!!

This seemed all very helpful - which has given me reason to be slightly suspicious!

It is a generic letter stating as follows..

"I refer to your recent request for copies of statements on your account to enable you to reconcile your bank charges. Please find enclosed details of charges going back to the date you opened your account, or 1st sept 2001, whichever date is most recent. If there are no charges for a certain period then charging details will not be included.

You may now wish to prceed with your claim for reimbursement of charges but, if you do feel you need further statements, this will take longer to access our archived data. Please let me know by returning this letter in the attached prepaid envelope and I will order them for you

Under the terms of the DPA, we are allowed up to 400days to fulfil your request.

The fee for £10 for this service has been taken accordingly.

Yours sincerely

Copy Statement Unit"

I just checked my charges on-line and all seems in order.

SO --> next step to write to bank asking for money (including interest)?

Yep, you've cleared the first hurdle, now you're onto the main run. Next step is to send the Prelim letter. Attached to this you send a schedule of all your charges. Do not include the statutory interest of 8% at this stage unless you are going to try to claim contractual interest.

Read the FAQs on this site thoroughly and you'll find everything you need -- all the template letters and spreadsheets for schedules.

Enjoy!

Hi

The letter from the LTSB Copy Statement Unit is in a different form from the one I received. Are they now inviting customers "to proceed with a claim for reimbursement of charges" ?? Surely that is an open statement by the Bank that they accept the charges are reimbursable?

Ok I recieved a letter yesterday, rather scrappy I must add!!

This seemed all very helpful - which has given me reason to be slightly suspicious!

It is a generic letter stating as follows..

"I refer to your recent request for copies of statements on your account to enable you to reconcile your bank charges. Please find enclosed details of charges going back to the date you opened your account, or 1st sept 2001, whichever date is most recent. If there are no charges for a certain period then charging details will not be included.

You may now wish to prceed with your claim for reimbursement of charges but, if you do feel you need further statements, this will take longer to access our archived data. Please let me know by returning this letter in the attached prepaid envelope and I will order them for you

Under the terms of the DPA, we are allowed up to 400days to fulfil your request.

The fee for £10 for this service has been taken accordingly.

Yours sincerely

Copy Statement Unit"

I just checked my charges on-line and all seems in order.

SO --> next step to write to bank asking for money (including interest)?

Hiya:-)

Received exactly the same yesterday 26 days after I first sent it. Where are you sending your 2nd letter too> the one asking for your money!! Is it London or Birmingham. I am despereate to know as I am about to send mine...thanks

Hi

I'm a bit beyond that as I have issued the claim in court; but to answer your query you need to write to either the London or the Birmingham address. There is also an office in Andover which is dealing with these matters.

John

Hi all,

I sent my prelim letter to the London address and recieved back a reply (so that must have been correct) from the Andover address.

Gets confusing as to which address to send letters to.....:confused:

About to send off LBA to Andover address

I have been sat here thinking exactly the same!

As you recieved a reply from London I shall also do the same; am requesting all default charges + statutory interest and sending to:

Lloyds TSB Bank

The Pentagon

48, Chiswell Street

London

EC1Y 4XX

Did anyone specify a name on the envelope?

Thanks

I have been sat here thinking exactly the same!

As you recieved a reply from London I shall also do the same; am requesting all default charges + statutory interest and sending to:

Thanks

You don't claim statutory interest until you start a court claim - just list all your charges that you want refunded with the dates and the type of transaction. Use the simple Excel spready in the library.:p

You don't claim statutory interest until you start a court claim - just list all your charges that you want refunded with the dates and the type of transaction. Use the simple Excel spready in the library.:p

I took the advice from section 2 of moneysavingexpert.com:

Bank charges: Reclaim them, they're unlawful, so you can get six years money back | MoneySavingExpert: Consumer Revenge, Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more

Do you think this was the wrong move to make :(

Will it effect my claim?

Thanks

No, you havn't done any harm but they will know that you are not quite sure of what you are doing. Read the FAQs and Step by Step Instructions on this site and follow everything to the letter - all the action which has been taken has been tried, tested and successful.