Halifax Credit Card Advice Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I have decided to bite the bullet and try to reclaim the charges from my halifax credit card. I was a bit silly as a student and think there could be a fair bit owing!

Baiscally i sent off my SAR about 35 days ago. Is it normal in other persons experience for halifax to take a while to reply with statments???

Also what are Halifax like at repaying - i.e are they really painful and do they always pay in the end???

Cheers for any replies

Tel

Hiya Tel,

Even though they take their time with the statements, they are 1 of the easiest at the moment for paying out (in most cases..!!)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

Well the 40 days expired and then i recieved a letter from them saying that the statments should be sent out in 2 weeks.

Im gonna give them a chance!

Also anyone recall how much Halifax credit card charges were approx 6 years ago? - i remember them to be quite hefty!! I actually now hope that they were massive!!! - Crazy aint it!!??!!

Cheers

Tel

I have just had success of a kind with BOS credit card. I can't remember off hand but I think the charges have always been high about £25-30 for BOS. They did let mine go to the court stage and speaking to others on this forum that doesn't seem too unusual for a BOS/Halifax credit card claim. I am still waiting to actually receive the money, hopefully it is in the post today and they haven't paid the full interest on the charges but that is another story!