style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok went to visit my Mother yesterday and was shocked to find out the rented property she moved out of over a year ago she has not yet received the 300 deposit back off. Any advise is welcome as she has phoned up loads and been advised she needs to wait for a letter. One letter she did receive 12 months ago dated May 2006 is as follows. Any advise appreciated and it would be great if someone could help in composing a letter of response.

SPS owned Apricot lettings up until October 2005. Then Apricot Lettings were taken over by Castle estates. Unfortunatley shortly after this time SPS went into receivership. The Natwest bank account in which your 300 deposit are being held have been frozen by the bank. Castle Estates are currently negotiating with the receivers on behalf of our tenants and Landlords to have these deposit monies released .

As a result no funds can be accessed by us at this time .

How about another letter to Castle Estates to find out if they were able to secure any funds?

However, your mum will only receive her deposit back if there is enough money at the end of the administration or receivership to pay all the secured creditors, and there is some left for unsecured creditors, then she may receive all or a proportion of the deposit.

The Individual Insolvency Register contains records of bankruptcy orders, bankruptcy restrictions orders (BROs), bankruptcy restrictions undertakings (BRUs) and individual voluntary arrangements (IVAs). Anyone can search the Register, either online in the 'Bankruptcy' section of the Insolvency Service website at The Insolvency Service Website, or by visiting the local Official Receiver's Office, details of which can be found in the 'About us' section of the Insolvency Service website at The Insolvency Service Website or by calling the Insolvency Service Insolvency Enquiry Line on 020 7291 6895. There is no charge to search the Register.

Also, Trading standards, local accountants and solicitors, or trade associations may be able to tell you who the administrator or receiver is in a particular case.

You need to decide if this is worth a hassle. £300 is not peanuts, but the chances of getting it back are frankly slight...:(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Joa for your advise and honesty, is it possible you or somone could help with a letter to them as it is kinda over my head. I will not pursue it too far but a letter asking if it is being dealt with would be appreciated.

ozzy, I think you underestimate yourself a little bit:)

how about you compose a short, informal note and post it here so we can have a look and offer any comments.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

hello, i left my rental property in january 2010, i rented the property because i had sold my house to be ready to move to the usa, when i got to the usa i contacted the letting agents and asked for my bond, they first said that it had been paid, i checked my account and found that it hadn't been paid, my brother in law kept going into the office and asked them where was it , eventually they said to him ..we are not dealing with you get the tennant to contact us ...they told him that dog hairs were on the carpet and i wouldn't be getting my full bond back because the carpet had to be deep cleaned, i emailed them to tell them i never owned a dog, but no reply, i then called them and they said ....the person who deals with bonds isnt here ...shes sick ..we can talk using emails, i sent another email saying i wanted reciepts , job cards tax paid and the name of the company, they never replied again, i know for a fact the bought a carpet cleaner for another tennant who was cleaning their properties and getting paid cash in hand. i just feel that because i moved from england to the usa that its an easy £500 for them and they hope ill just forget about it, can anyone give me any advise what steps to take to get my bond back, thanks