Chivers Easton Brown and 1st Credit

LAN01

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In 2005 a charging order was placed on my property for a debt of £3,681.51 owed to 1st Credit. Although we tried to fight this debt at the time the courts refused our request and the charging order was granted.

We have since cleared the debt in full (had to take a loan out to pay the thing!!) But I still do not know what the debt was for or who the orginal company was even after numerous requests for that information. I never received any correspondence from 1st credit and the next thing I knew there was an charging order placed on our property.

Can anyone one advise me? Is there any route open to me even after the debt has been paid?

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent :)

Hi Lano,

I am going through this process at the moment with the same muppets that you dealt with.

This is whats happened ,and this is what I am doing

Ok.I had final charging order hearing 2 weeks ago.I persuaded the judge to give me a stay for 28 days.

I then applied for a set aside of the original ccj as I had been advised to admit the full debt :evil:

At the same time I issued application for set aside,I filed N1 for non compliance with both MBNA and1 st Credit (busy days lol !)

I dont see why you cant do what I have done ?

Have you cca and sar 1 st credit ?

IF not do asap.

Apply for set aside of CCJ on the basis that ,(if they have charged unlawful penalties,)you were mislead into agreeing to paying penalties as you were informed by MBNA that the penalties charged related to costs incurred by MBNA,and not as now been discovered,down to unjust enrichment by the bank.

not sure if this applies to you ? can you give us more details ?

Paulwltn has just had a ccj set aside on this basis, I think. Dont quote me on the above,but the general gist of his argument is along those lines.

Sorry paulwltn if I've got that mixed up !

Have a look at pauls thread,he is much more eloquent than I

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/69066-ccj-set-aside.html

Hope xx

You need to read this if you have ever consolidated lending through your bank,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) LETTER SENT15/12/06 - STATEMENTS RCD 22/12/06

PRE-LIM AND SOC SENT 11/01/07

FULL CLAIM OF £4093.04 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INT :)

JUST WAITING FOR STANDARD BOG OFF LETTER...:rolleyes:

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Member of the official Bill-K appreciation thread cos he's just ape !! :D

Thanx to everyone for your replies. Can I still do this even after the charging order has been lifted fromthe property and we cleared the debt in full? Chivers Easton Brown sent a letter stating that that this debt has now been cleared and the charging order has been removed from my property.

I note that you mention MBNA along with 1st Credit. I haven't had an MBNA credit card since 1999. As far as I am aware there was no outstanding balance owed. So should I still CCA 1st Credit and try to claim the money back?

Or is it best just to leave it now and put it down to experience?

Guest Battleaxe

LAN01, I would seriously be thinking about Defamation, once you establish what the charging was for. The CRA's do not like having been used as a party to this, but do as Thereshope has advised and get all the information you want. there has to be some justice for the concern and distress this crowd have put your through. the motto is Screw the banks, affter all they have tried to screw you

Well I have decided that I am going to contact 1st Credit with regards to this, since the debt has been paid in full I am going send the SAR letter this weekend. I am not sure about the CCA as I have already paid the debt I don't see how that will help at this point. But if the debt was for MBNA and it was for unlawful charges then I will be able to go down that route and claim the money back, through the courts if I have to!! Also am I within my rights to claim compensation for damages as well as interest at 8%?

I would appreciate your feed back on that point.

Once again thanx for all the advice, I wish I had seen this last year!!