JulesRamone and Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm trying to claim charges back from Halifax, and would be very grateful if anyone has any stories about getting charges back from them. I sent an SAR to them, but it was to my branch and I haven't heard anything from them. It was recorded delivery and delivered on 8th March. I thought it was probably a dumb idea at the time sending the SAR to the branch, but on Halifax website I couldnt find an address for head office--I've just looked again, I'm sure it's not listed there. Does anyone know it? I'll send it again today to head office, once I find the right address. If I send it again, does that mean the forty days starts again? Probably

In fact on this account I defaulted on an overdraft in early 2004... and I'm paying back in instalments to a debt collection agency. I don't think this should make any difference to the claim. I can't remember how much charges I paid over the three years before that, but it may go to pay off some of the overdraft, which is now down to about 200 quid.

JulesR

N1 claim for about £1500 from Abbey... 5/6/2007

Hiya JulesR,

The above address is where everything should be posted to.

Its ok you sent it to the branch, but the internal post can take ages.

But carry on counting your 40 days from then. Have they cashed your cheque yet?

There are so many of us who have won. Basically everyone wins. I have won 2 claims against haliprats.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks Bazza and sea-side lady,

I just spoke to the customer services line at halifax and they gave me an address and a number for the right department. I then phoned that number and they said the first address I got wasn't correct:-? , and gave me another address which wasn't the same as the one you've quoted bazza. In any case I didn't have to send another letter because the person I spoke to on the second number generated the six years' statements there and then and said they should arrive in a couple of days. I get the impression that they're speeding it all up now because they're getting so many claims--they were very helpful. Anyway, fingers crossed I'll get the statements through the post tomorrow. When I work out the schedule of charges I'll send the preliminary request to the address you've given me--Thanks.

Cheers,

JulesR

N1 claim for about £1500 from Abbey... 5/6/2007