Help please!

epth99

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I need some advice please! My brother is trying to get his statements from barclays and sent a letter (the template from here) to Barclays Head Office Customer Realtions in London. Barclays replied offering £1000 fro full and final settlement (without sending any statements!). My brother replied with this letter

Further to my letter of 5 February & your reply dated 19 February I am again writing to request a fully comprehensive list of all the default charges for direct debit, unauthorised overdrafts and standing orders I have paid over the last six years.

If you are unable to provide this data, I will accept a copy of my statements going back six years; I understand that statements on their own are not covered by the Data Protection Act 1998, yet I’m not requesting the statements per se, but the charges, which I’m entitled to by law.

I look forward to your response before 19 March as you are obliged to reply under the Data Protection Act within 40 days of my first request. If not I shall seek remedy from the Information Commissioner.

There has been no response. I dont know what he should do now, can someone please help. I told him he should enclose a postal order for £10 and send it recorded delivery. Could someone please advise me which template he should use (considering this is the 3rd letter he has sent requesting the statements).

I think his claim will be fairly high so he wants to get on with it now!! thanks

Hi, I need some advice please! My brother is trying to get his statements from barclays and sent a letter (the template from here) to Barclays Head Office Customer Realtions in London. Barclays replied offering £1000 fro full and final settlement (without sending any statements!). My brother replied with this letter

Further to my letter of 5 February & your reply dated 19 February I am again writing to request a fully comprehensive list of all the default charges for direct debit, unauthorised overdrafts and standing orders I have paid over the last six years.

If you are unable to provide this data, I will accept a copy of my statements going back six years; I understand that statements on their own are not covered by the Data Protection Act 1998, yet I’m not requesting the statements per se, but the charges, which I’m entitled to by law.

I look forward to your response before 19 March as you are obliged to reply under the Data Protection Act within 40 days of my first request. If not I shall seek remedy from the Information Commissioner.

There has been no response. I dont know what he should do now, can someone please help. I told him he should enclose a postal order for £10 and send it recorded delivery. Could someone please advise me which template he should use (considering this is the 3rd letter he has sent requesting the statements).

I think his claim will be fairly high so he wants to get on with it now!! thanks

this link will explain what you need to do.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6971-data-protection-act-non.html

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, following my posts above, i am sending a dpa non compliance letter by recorded delivery. can anyone give me the address i should send it to just to make sure it is going to the correct place? thanks a lot

Guest Mumofthreeboys

Send it to HO here:

Barclays Bank plc

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP