My Credit card dramas..

choco
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey peeps

I just posted in the abbey forum and they directed me here. I intend to start claiming back my credit card charges once I get my fat check from Natwest, but currently am in financial difficulty and I have to send letters to my creditors offering them measley monthly payments, like what the debt consolidation crew do! anyway what I want to know is, will sending such a letter to Abbey/MBNA prior to trying to claim back my charges jeopardise any chances of getting them back?

Hey peeps

I just posted in the abbey forum and they directed me here. I intend to start claiming back my credit card charges once I get my fat check from Natwest, but currently am in financial difficulty and I have to send letters to my creditors offering them measley monthly payments, like what the debt consolidation crew do! anyway what I want to know is, will sending such a letter to Abbey/MBNA prior to trying to claim back my charges jeopardise any chances of getting them back?

hi choco I don't know about abbey but the MBNA are pigs to deal with I am with a debt management program and though they arranged with MBNA to freeze interest and stop charges in September 2006 I was still getting phone calls from MBNA and the troglodytes in india in middle of December before they stopped the calls. I have since started claim against them but as you will find from threads in MBNA forum the left hand does not know what the right hand etc, and no problems apart from the usually delaying tactics.

dpick:evil:

sorry prob my fault thought better for choco start a thread in mbna. :oops:

no not at all it was a good thing you pointed me in the right direction, it makes it easier anyway as im getting the answers i need!

hi choco I don't know about abbey but the MBNA are pigs to deal with I am with a debt management program and though they arranged with MBNA to freeze interest and stop charges in September 2006 I was still getting phone calls from MBNA and the troglodytes in india in middle of December before they stopped the calls. I have since started claim against them but as you will find from threads in MBNA forum the left hand does not know what the right hand etc, and no problems apart from the usually delaying tactics.

dpick:evil:

jeez!! Its like this with a lot of companies though and its not until you start writing letters to the big wigs and keeping track of peopls names etc do you get any progress!! I dunno.... Well I'm not going thru a debt management comp, decided to be my own boss, it seems to be working with getting my $$$ back from Natwest anyway! lol

I'm going to see how I get on with them agreeing to what I offer them in terms of payments, I dont think then i'll stick the boat out just yet and claim back my charges, these people seem to be a lot harder to deal with and I need to ahve the time and commitment to take it all the way if they are as difficult as you guys say they are

Oh i got a terrible letter from natwest last night its just thrown me right off, but once i get all the neccessary letters sent to them on Tuesday, then I think I will start with my credit cards!!

thankyou!! - I was bored this afternoon, so being completely non pc-literate, I wondered if I could get myself one, and hey ho ...I did!!

Hee hee, so did I!

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

what was the letter?

well nastywest have forwarded my accounts to the collections department, they want me to make arrangements to pay back thte OD in 28 days and in the meantime I cannot use the accounts, they stopped my direct debits and I have to return my cards etc!!! They're such b******!!!!

Anyway posted it in my thread and I got some useful advise as always so now i feel a whole lot better, but you know when you feel like it all happens at once, my internet got disconeected the same day and about 5 other bad things happened at once I felt so depressed!

ps like the avator - i wonder where you got the inspiration from.....!!