ugly v Barclays

ugly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ugly

In Small Claims Court, each party normally pays for their own costs regardless of which side wins. So even if you lose in Small Claims, the bank will pay their own costs (it's one reason they have til now been citing for why it's not cost effective for them to go to court but rather make a "goodwill gesture" settlement).

There is an opportunity to get the bank to pay for your costs if you win (whether it be by default or on judgement of hearing evidence).

Where the claim is over £5k (ie outside of the Small Claim boundary) then the winning side can apply to have their costs awarded (the other side has to pay) and this is where the Claimant risks being left with all the legal costs of the bank's Defence team.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

go for it Ugly, when i told the court about the letter Barclays sent mr regarding not paying because of the test case they wanted me to send a copy to them.

when i told Barclays they apologised and said to fax a copy of the judgement and they will pay me straight away.

still no money (been told i refused the full offer !!!!!!!!!!!!) amongst other things (i don`t feel they know what`s going on, too many indians and not enough chiefs ! the baillifs are coming..........

• 3 weeks later...

can you tell me if it is still worth sending in the warrent to barclays bank or just to wait to hear about the oft cant really afford to keep paying extra costs if nothing is going to happen any advice ???

Hi I have now applied for warrant of execution today to Barclays. I telephoned mcol today to arrange it and they said the stay was lifted can anyone explain what he meant he wasnt really helpful

Hi well i have sent the warrent of execution of to the court i rang the court just to make sure i had the correct court on the form and the guy that answered said this should put a smile on the banks faces when they see it. Am i actually in the barclays bank forum as i will need all the help poss now if i have to go to court. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi i requested the warrant of execution with mcol on friday and recieved an email on monday from the litigation team asking me to ring them which i did today spoke to greg who said they new nothing about the warrant but said if i faxed them a copy of the judgment to them myself i would recieve my bank charges faster than with mcol.

So, what should Ugly do now?

Send B's an updated SOC's including charges, s.69 interest to date and all Court Fees and demand immediate credit or cheque to settle.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi when i first applied for my bank charges i asked for the 8% interest but forgot to add when i asked if i could add it after i was told i would have to pay for another request to be sent which at the time i was totally totally penniless. So at present i am only claiming bank charges and fee for mcol and now warrent is it too late to claim the extra 8% as well ????????

Ugly, Thanks for the PM.

I'd send Barclays an updated SOC. Use this to set out your bank charges properly - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

The interest will be calculated for you automatically. Write on the sheet all Court Fees paid and this will give B's an up to date settlement figure. Send to Barclays telling them to pay you immediately or you'll leave enforcement in the hands of the Court.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)