FD closing accounts

Mull100

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What is the likelihood of FD closing my account after a successful claim? It seems to me from reading about everone's experiences that there's no hard and fast rule, and they seem to target random accounts for closure.

Or maybe it's related to the size of the claim? Or the client's history of account (mis)management?

I've opened a parachute account already, just in case, but I'm quite happy to stay with FD for the time being (better the devil you know!).

Thoughts anyone?

It is highly unlikely that your account would be closed if this is your first claim. The financial ombudsman takes a very dim view of banks employing this sort of tactic and there is a chance that in the event of it happenning that you would recieve compensation from the bank.

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

First Direct always seem to close an account after a second claim, but I have never seen it happen after just one claim.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi Barracad,

I'm considering issuing a 2nd claim against FD and was curious regarding your comments that they seem to close accounts after a second claim......

I succesfully claimed back £1170 last month and they've since charged me £200 odd!!!!

If I make a further claim, do u think it is a possibility that they will shut me down this time?

Many thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondered if anyone has the answer to this one - I too am considering claiming again against FD - already successfully claimed last year but have noticed they've started to charge heavily again - if I do make a second claim will they close my account this time? Has anyone made a successful second claim?

Thanks

If I make a further claim, do u think it is a possibility that they will shut me down this time?

I would say it is more than a possibility, it is almost a certainty. Make sure you have a parachute account in place before you commence your second claim.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.