Abbey credit card??

choco
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey peeps

I'm currently underway with my fight to get back my bank charges with NATWEST, however I have an Abbey credit card. Now there isn't any specific threads for credit cards so I've had to start this off here. Does anyone know if I can claim back interest and late charges on my credit card?

Next question is this, I am currently sending them a letter explaining that I am in financial difficluty and I can only pay them a certain amount each month, kinda what a debt consolidation company does, anyway what I want to know is, if I can claim back my charges, will sending them this letter prior to doing so jeopordise my chances of getting them back?

Thanks in advance guys and good luck to all, cos I heard Abbey's hard work!! xx

there is an mbna forum.

to answer above yes you can claim back charges, late payment, overlimit etc. but not the interest. however you can claim back the contractural interest rate on your charges. :)

OK good thanks, so do you think I will blow my chances by sending them this offer letter for my monthly repayments??

have a read in the mbna forum. they are funny buggers! cant really advise on that as dont have mbna card. sorry:)

heres the link for mbna forum

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/

Thanks a lot hun.

SO how are you guys getting on with your claims then? Abbey really is a terrible bank isn't it? am not exaggerating but everyone i know that has an abbey account is always complaining about something with them and like I said my friend said he's basically getting blanked by them regarding his claim!

choco, it's really difficult to say which way the wind will blow with MBNA. They are one of three things -

• deliberately obstructive
  • completely stupid
  • in total meltdown due to the bother we've been giving them

(or maybe a combination of all three!)

I think I would be inclined to write & ask them for a copy of the original executed agreement under S78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Or do you by any chance have your original agreement with them?