Flutterby Vs NastyWest (Deep breath!)

*flutterby*
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm so scared of starting this but here goes, got to be done!

I've read as much as I can without getting too confused and I've decided to now take it one step at a time...

1st Step - Sending statement request letter, I've done the letter and included my 2 Natwest account numbers and my Natwest Credit Card number. I'm going to inlcude the cheque for £10 and send to -

Retail Regulatory Risk

2nd Floor

Cornerstone

60 South Gyle Crescent

Edinburgh

EH12 9WF

Am I going right so far?

Thanks in advance for all help

hey flutterby......... welcome on board!!! no need to be scared - you're doing great so far! it is a bit daunting when you first set out, but you'll get loads of advice, support and encouragement from your fellow nat west claimants........... so don't worry! statements are taking about 3-4 weeks to come through at the moment, so be patient - get all your reading done - and you'll have your charges back in no time! Good luck, hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi flutterby:) Welcome to the board ......you're doing great - this really helped me when I started out,if you're ever confused at what to do next give it a click or ask away:D

Click here: Example Step-By-Step Instructions - Consumer Action Group

• Haha 1

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Please help...

My statements have come through and as far as I can read I need to work out my charges on the spreadsheets next but I'm getting an internet explorer error message when I click on the links, I have excel... what am I doing wrong?

Please help...

My statements have come through and as far as I can read I need to work out my charges on the spreadsheets next but I'm getting an internet explorer error message when I click on the links, I have excel... what am I doing wrong?[/quoteHi try this one its easy and has tips

Download v1.9

good luck

scott

Yay! That one works, thanks so much for that... Am I ok to use this one if I only want to claim the 8% interset if it goes to court?

Is there an idiots guide to using and printing the spreadsheet anywhere I can read up on... My talents don't lie with spreadsheets unfortunatly

Yay! That one works, thanks so much for that... Am I ok to use this one if I only want to claim the 8% interset if it goes to court?

Is there an idiots guide to using and printing the spreadsheet anywhere I can read up on... My talents don't lie with spreadsheets unfortunatly

yeah its fine for 8% and it has instructions under the NOTES heading

Scott

Some of my charges were refunded at the time but it's not clear that that refund relates to those charges on that day etc... Any suggestions on how I put these on the spreadsheet? Thanks all...

Hi flutterby - if you've had some charges partially refunded by nat west, your statements should show this (e.g., partial refund - then the amount). Just deduct the refund(s) from the charge(s). Good luck, hedgey xxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

That's fab, thanks hedgey...

I'm really sorry to bother everyone and I promise I've read the guides but I'm having trouble getting my head round the spreadsheets...

I've filled out the spreadsheet with all my charges, total is £925.00

I have decided that I'm just going to go for the 8% interest if it goes as far as the court. I think I've worked out that I'm not to even mention this at the prelim letter stage which is where I am at now...

SO,

1) Do I still to need to complete the interest date, interest charged, account balance etc etc... columns? If so,

2) Do I do this for all months or just the months where I have charges etc? and

3) I've never really used Excel much before, how do I print the form so it just shows what it's supposed to show to send with my prelim letter

Thanks in advance for your help

1) Do I still to need to complete the interest date, interest charged, account balance etc etc... columns? If so,

2) Do I do this for all months or just the months where I have charges etc? and

3) I've never really used Excel much before, how do I print the form so it just shows what it's supposed to show to send with my prelim letter

Thanks in advance for your help

1) Yes - still complete this as you'll need this info if it gets to court

2) Just do this for the charges

3) Once you've entered all the charges info, if you're left with extra rows just delete them. This should just leave you with the info you need!!

Good luck, hedgey xxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 2 months later...

I've been sent the standard letter from Natwest, offering me the amount I claimed £925 & £738 in charges, didn't claim any interest. I've been offered this before I've filed a claim with the court. I've been charged about another £250 by them since submitting my claim ... Please can anyone point me in the quickest direction to get them to include these charges also? Many thanks in advance...

Hi again flutterby. You could try:

a) Accepting in full and then pursuing them for the additional charges from scratch.

b) Accept as a partial settlement and explain that, as part of this existing claim, you want all additional charges applied since xxx to be returned.

c) Phone them! Explain about the additional charges - you made need to send an additional LBA giving them another 7 days to respond.

d) If you don't get a positive answer from them/they don't play ball - reject the offer outright (based on the fact that additional charges have been incurred) and file with MCOL or N1 at the county court using an up to date schedule of charges that includes the new charges.

I think there's only you can decide what to do though - it has to be a course of action that you're comfortable with. Hope this helps a little, hedgey x ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***