MAJCAM v BARCLAYS

majcam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi ,

Have sent original letter and claim including interest.

Have sent LBA letter.

Total claimed was £2300.00

Today received a letter from Barc**ys offering me £1395.00 with no explanation as to how they came to that figure.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

I'm happy to push it all the way

Many thanks.

MAJCAM

I think they use a random number generator myself. You have to decline or accept as part settlement. Basically, you follow the process until they give you the number you have asked them for or the court tells them to pay you. They do not want to go to court so they will pay you but they will not do it unless you show willing! :roll:

:lol:

Hello Majcam - send them a rejection letter (in the bank templates library) and then start court action for the remainder of the outstanding monies plus interest. Hope this helps! Also start your thread in the Barclays forum as others there can help you with your particular bank and the little games they play!

Hi all,

My initial claim letter was sent to Barclays on 26/2/07, representing charges over the last six years.

The claim was for £1820, plus £470.51 in interest totalling £2290.51

I sent LBA letter on 13/3/07

I received an offer of £1365.00 from Barclays on 30/3/07 in FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT.

They can stick this offer as far as I am concerned.

My question is what to do know, and exactly what amount should I claim, ie charges, interest up to when, etc etc.

Many thanks.

MAJCAM

Hi, good work so far,

My question is what to do know
Now you send in your letter of rejection, it should be called "letter of acceptance..but" cos you actually accept their offer but only as part payment, inform them that you intend to continue with your actions in order to recover the full amount.

exactly what amount should I claim
The FULL amount!!

If you have completed the spreadsheet on here to show how much the charges are, you will see that this amount increases every day automatically.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Thanks dar3n for your post

Is the interest calculated up to the period when I first wrote the initial letter, or up to final judgement date , if it went to court?

• 1 month later...

Hi majcam,

If you look here :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/

You will be able to find all the help you need. I have just received ALL of my charges back from Barclays.

See here :- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/42260-alex-barclays.html

Please read as many of the WON threads as you can here :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/

I am sure these will help you as you enter the last stage's of your claim.

Your money is almost back where it belongs, stay strong.

Regards,

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 months later...

Case got transfered from mcol Northampton, to my local court in Guildford

Have just received a copy of a letter from Krysta Campbell at Barclays Lit team which is a response to the court.

barclays say " the defendant has filed a defence for the purpose of contesting the claim and it will continue to contest the claim to and at trial if it is necessary to do so"

they also say " the evidential issues raised by the parties 'statements of case appear to be such that expert evidence may be necessary"

My question to you good people is this... Is this more legal BS from the bank and another attempt at getting me to crumble, or do I have to do anything in response to this letter?

Many thanks...keep up the good work

Presumably this is in response to this Direction?:

It is Ordered that

1. The claim is allocated to the small claims track.

2. The hearing will take place, time and date which will be notified to the parties.

3. The defendant shall not later tham 4pm on xx/xx2007 serve on the claimant and lodge aat court a document answering the following questions: (a) is the case intended to be contested to and at trial? (b) does the defendant intend to apply to adduce expert evidence?

4. if the deefendant fails to lodge at court a document in accordance with paragraph 3 above the defence shall stand strucj out and judgment be entered for the claimant for the amount claimed and costs comprising the issue fee and any allocation fee paid.

5. each party shall serve on the other the witness statements of all witnesses (other than expert witnesses on whom they intend to rely).

6. No party may adduce expert evidence unless an application for permission to adduce such evidence has been made and granted.

7. No party may rely on the evidence of any witness whose statement has not been served in accordance with this order without further permission from the court.

8. No more than seven nor less than three clear working days before the trial date the claimant shall file at court an indexed and paginated bundle of documents which complies with the requirements of Rule 39.5 of the civil procedure rules and the practice direction thereto, and shall serve a copy of it on the defendant. The claimant shall endeavour to agree the contents of the bundle with the defendant before it is filed. If the claimant fails to file a trial bundle in accordance with this direction the claim shall stand struck out and the action dismissed without further order.

9. Because this order has been made by the court without considering represnetations from the parties, the parties have the right to apply to have the order set aside, varied or stayed. A party wishing to make an application must send or deliver the application to the court (together with the appropriate fee) to arrive within seven days of service of this order.

You need to send a witness statement. Be interesting to see if Barclays make an application for expert witnesses

See here:

Court Bundle - Examples of Witness Statement, Document list etc

Examples of Witness Statements / Disclosure by List / Draft Directions / Case Summary

Then wait for court date and send court bundle 7 days before.

4 threads .merged. Please keep all you progress on one thread

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.