14 days and counting ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

received my statements last week worked out Halifax owes us almost £3000, I sent of my first letter on 28th march, i know i should wait 14 days before sending LBA but is that 14 working days or do i count weekend? Also i have had bog standard letter back from them saying they are looking into my complaint and they have up to 8 weeks in which to reply ,is that correct or not. Anyone help im confused. (no one say that normal for me) lol :-|

received my statements last week worked out Halifax owes us almost £3000, I sent of my first letter on 28th march, i know i should wait 14 days before sending LBA but is that 14 working days or do i count weekend? Also i have had bog standard letter back from them saying they are looking into my complaint and they have up to 8 weeks in which to reply ,is that correct or not. Anyone help im confused. (no one say that normal for me) lol :-|

Its 14 calender days, the 8 weeks is rubbish ignore it. stick to the timetable laid down on this site.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Keep to your timetable until the cash is in your account, don't stop or give them an inch, I believed them when I accepted offer in full and the cash didn't come through, just wasted 2 weeks and I have ended up taking them to court anyway !! Basically, I don't believe a word they say so until cash is in hand keep on going, don't relent, don't give any leeway as they will take advantage !!

Professional Halifax Loather

"In the dark, all cats are grey"

Illegitimi Non Carborundum