Worried But Going Ahead Anyway

dannygr27
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, ive been reading on this site for a couple of months, hsbc added so many charges to our accounts that even when we took a mortgage to pay them it was not enough, ended up burying our heads and now have a defulted loan account and currant account, due to this we cant even get a basic bank account. hoping to get some payback:) , sent dpa letter today and would appreciate all the help i can get

Hiya danny and welcome, first of all please read this thread it will save you loads of time and worry.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/38807-newcomer-heres-user-guide.html

OK next, DPA letter ? not sure what you mean our advice is a preliminary letter followed 14 days later by a letter before action (LBA) followed 14 days later by your claim.

pete

PS

OH and I forgot, stop worrying, you are here now

Hi sorry im still finding all the different wording very confusing, ive sent the initial letter requesting statments with a ten pound cheque via recorded delivery, now have 40 days to get my head around the next stages

Ah good, If you have online banking you can get your last 6 years statements online, saves the 40 days.

While your waiting read the thread I left, will give you the basic strategy then read other peoples threads will give you loads of background about HSBC's standard letters and tactics, and exactly what you should expect.

Any questions or wories you have ask, we are all in the same boat here and there are some smart cookies to answer you. Its confusing and a little worrying to start with but you will soon pick it up.

pete

Thanks pete,

this site is brilliant! ive spent the last two months reading thru posts and getting my head around things, picked up enuff info in this time to get rid of a high court enforcement officer and have my warrant removed:D , ive now decided to take on

crapital one master card

hsbc -2 accounts

barclaycard- 4 accounts

barclays 2 accounts 1 settled loan account

littlewoods/addittions- 2 accounts

studio cards 1 account

Im worried i may make a mistake especially doing the spreadsheets and its not my strong point, but if i could win with all of the above i could pay off Hsbc and settle ccj, been reading the link you gave me (thank you so much)

I am FED up with these people taking money that belongs to my kids and i want it all back

Thanks for your support its much appreciated

Sam (dannys missus and mother of 5 under ten :) )

Hsbc signed for letter today so 40 day countdown begins! anyone know how long they normally take to send statments?

my fear of spreadsheets is kicking in and but been up til 4am for the last 3 nights reading up and getting to grips with things, the only bit that truly worries me is doing the spread sheets, spent an hour tonight e-mailing my local mps and courts about my disgust at how banks are abusing the court system and asking if taxpayers will be compensated for this abuse lol

The key decisions to make between now and when you get your statements are firstly whether you will be claiming the overdraft interest and secondly whether you are going to ask for contractural interest or wait for the court stage and claim the statutory 8% interest. These two decisions will affect which spreadsheets you use and how you use them. If you need help just ask and I am more than happy to look at you spreadsheets for you. :D

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

Hi

Thank you so much! Maths is not my strong point so i thought i would keep to the simple spreadsheet, my strong point is the ability to harrass and complain lol

hsbc have done my family alot of damage and they are going to be my main focus, so far barclaycard, studio, capital one and Hsbc have got their sar requests, still waiting for catalouges to get theirs .

Will keep you posted !

Sam

I was really worried about the spreadsheets but when you actually come to do them & concentrate on them fully they aren't that bad.

Just follow the guidelines step by step. The spreadsheet works it all out for you. You just need to put the data from your statements in correctly.

Hi

Thank you so much! Maths is not my strong point so i thought i would keep to the simple spreadsheet, my strong point is the ability to harrass and complain lol

hsbc have done my family alot of damage and they are going to be my main focus, so far barclaycard, studio, capital one and Hsbc have got their sar requests, still waiting for catalouges to get theirs .

Will keep you posted !

Sam

if maths were anybody's strong points - there wouldnt be this site lol.... that's why were all here!

you're in good hands, stick to all your timescales and you'll be fine. looks like your'e gonna be busy for the next few months, but those kids will get the benefit in the end - trust me!

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

i would say that a lot of peeps have never seen a spreadsheet let alone fill one in for a lifesaver lol... if we can do it.. you can!!

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

my accounts are closed, nice people at hsbc defulted accounts the week we got mortgage to pay them in full and added the full eight years intrest for our loan on to the total debt, we only had the loan for 18mnths . Im just waiting for statments now, they are doing me a favor by keeping me waiting as it gives me time to get to grips with what needs to be done

Thanks Pete

with fighters like you backing me they dont stand a chance lmao, cant belive how they just rolled over and died for ya, will be following your posts for phase 2!

Sam

Hi two quick questions

1.would i need to do a seperate spreadsheet /claim for each account, when they defulted they rolled them all up as one

2. can i claim the extra 6 years intrest they added onto the loan amount? it was an eight year loan but was defulted after 18mnths

No you can do one claim and include more than one account, the basic guides are the £5000 MCOL level but that is a little flexible and if you are trying to mix a personal account and business account.

The procedure is the same for business and personal accounts but the case law backing your claims is different, if you try to mix the two you will have problems with your claim particulars when you get to the court stage.

But apart from that do one claim but make sure all your info is clearly marked i.e. account number on each set of info

pete