• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

mlilley01 vs Lloyds - no AQ req'd ?!?!

mlilley01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right... I'll try here... as I searched the site and found a very useful thread on the HSBC section regarding exactly my issue, and a very helpful first post inviting comments from all banks customers, not just HSBC. After posting a couple of questions, both myself and another Lloyds 'customer' (sasquash) we in no uncertain terms told to s*d off to our own section as that was the HSBC section!!! How very rude KIMMY01 !!!

Still... I have received a notice of transfer of proceedings today, which has the section about the AQ crossed out. I am wondering what should be done next? Do I wait for a court date, or do I have to do anything in the meantime? :confused:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also in exactly the same boat as you. I recieved my letter from the court yesterday saying that the details had been passed to my local court. It was a standard letter with some details crossed out ( Lazy or what?) I am slightly unsure whether to send letters or just wait to see what happens?????

I have followed every step exactly the same way as this web-site suggests. all the reply's have been as expected and I have conscientiously followed all the letters to the point. What u reckon?

From what i gather this is becoming increasingly regular. Think it is purely the court knowing that the bank have no intention of defending trying to clear a bit of court time for what they are really thre for - (abuse of process? who knows?)

More an action by the courts then, to speed up the banks delaying tactics, rather than a move by the banks because they may have a way to start defending these cases??

I dont know if I'm meant to do anything now, or just wait for the court date?

More an action by the courts then, to speed up the banks delaying tactics, rather than a move by the banks because they may have a way to start defending these cases??

I dont know if I'm meant to do anything now, or just wait for the court date?

It would apear so - get your bundle ready just in case though.

I'm just gonna wait and see what happens? I've definitely played all my cards correctly and in the right order. I'm going to sit back and hopefully the last few stages fall into place as nicely as the last few! What you guys think?

No I'm not! I've asked for advice and no-one is willing to offer any, and so if I have done all that I can, then, all that I can do is sit back and wait, and fingers crossed all will work itself out

Unreal, just been on the HSBC forum. The attitude was really horrible. Seems to me it revolves around the same issue but hey, we might have the worst bank, put probably are the best customers.

Good luck with your claim, i haven't reached this stage just yet but felt compelled to add my two pence worth.

Many apologies, the people who are responsible for the HSBC thread were not present when the daft mare entered. I have left it up to Lateralus if she wants to move the thread into the general forum but I know we both would value your input wherever it is.

If you care to view my comments after you left you will see why we need to stay together on this, its very new, not a bank generated change and we need to/can help each other regardless of which bank we are suing.

again apologies for the daft mare

pete

Hi Sasquash. My recommendation would be to ring the court that your claim has been transfered to. They are very helpful and if you explain your situation they should be able to point you in the right direction

Neil

I WON £530 - See how Here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/65986-neil-lloyds-tsb.html

If i have been helpful, please click my scales (bottom left!)

Many apologies, the people who are responsible for the HSBC thread were not present when the daft mare entered. I have left it up to Lateralus if she wants to move the thread into the general forum but I know we both would value your input wherever it is.

If you care to view my comments after you left you will see why we need to stay together on this, its very new, not a bank generated change and we need to/can help each other regardless of which bank we are suing.

again apologies for the daft mare

pete

Thanks Pete. I didnt think it was a general feeling from all on the HSBC thread! Everything else I had read there was more than useful. I've been back and read the HSBC thread, and agree totally that as this is new everyone needs to know how this is going to pan out. I'll continue to read both threads, and only post on the HSBC if I have something 'general' to put, so as not to upet anyone!!!!

Castleblast,

I did read your comments on this one and I do agree with them. I was shocked at the attitude thought. Rather than discussing the situation it seemed to take a total of 10 posts to tell someone to go somewhere else.

Anyway, I personally do not see the harm in posting in different threads when the cause is the same. I would be inclined to leave the thread as it is, as it does raise the valuable points about HSBC's tacticts and the thread is more likely to be seen in an HSBC forum rather than a general one. The good advice given though was missed, and that is to start your own thread.

Now, lets get back to the fight in hand!!

Afternoon everyone!

What bank are you with Milley?

Lloyds - Solihull.

Moved my case to Birmingham County Court from Northampton. Waiting now to see what happens next as I dont know if BCC will send an AQ or not. Have to wait and see.

Where you up to?

I've recieved the letter from the court saying it's ben passed to Swansea crown court. No AQ required also.

Think I may wait a while and see what happens?! What u reckon?

Dont think there are many options to be honest! Wait and see what happens, or do as suggested on the HSBC thread and try writing to the solicitors and asking if they wish to settle early and suggest an amount.

Think I'm going to wait and see what comes through the post next.

This was the 1st post of the useful thread on the HSBC forum that ultimately annoyed the HSBCers. I have copied and pasted it onto here incase anyone needs to post on this subject regarding Lloyds bank, we dont want to use up any more of their posting space now do we !!

Thanks to LATERALUS for allowing this to be copied for general use.

Let's get this to everyone who is approaching or just reached the end of the 28 day wait, when the bank files it's defence>>>>>>>>>>>>

Up to now - we have said you'll get paperwork showing tranfer to local court, a copy of SC&M's defence AND AN ALLOCATION QUESTIONAIRE.

Totally new - as of yesterday - peeps are getting this from the court:

We have received the Notice of Transfer of Proceedings and with this is another sheet of paper saying that

1. The filing of an allocation qustionnaire be dispensed with in this case unless the District Judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise.

We can assume that the courts are so innundated with cases (and allocation questionaires) that they have decided to take this step.

It would appear that it means the judge MAY OR MAY NOT require an AQ to be filed. It suggests to me that the judges are fed up with the banks using the system to stall when they are perfectly aware that at the end of this great stall - the banks settle and the court system is being played to the bank's advantage. I think we will see the local judge doing one of two things - either requesting an AQ which I'm sure you will be made aware of by post OR: and think this is more likely- the judge will set a court date much earlier.

OK, don't panic at that info - this is, in my view, good news - as it will shorten the whole process. Let's see where this goes - it's too new to call. Most of you are aware - we are just people like you - watching and seeing what happens but the best guess is it means the banks will be forced into action much faster.

My one suggestion, so far is to send SC&M a letter - this lets them know that you know what's going on and it is you making an attempt to get them to move it along and will be seen by a judge in a very favourable light.

Here is a letter you could send when you receive that notice from the court:

(ADDRESS THIS LETTER TO THE SOLICITORS DEALING WITH YOUR BANK/INSTITUTIONS LEGAL CLAIMS - THIS IS Lloyds INFO)

Sechiari Clark and Mitchell

Department SO, PO Box 499

1-5 Queens Road Quadrant

Brighton

East Sussex

BN1 3XJ

Re: XXXXX - v - Lloyds TSB Bank PLC

account no,

claim no and filing date(mcol).

It has come to my attention that as of xx/xx/07, ( date of the letter from the court) that an Allocation Questionaire may not be required in this case.

I am mindful of the vast number of claims with which you are currently dealing. In order to more speedily resolve this matter, I am willing to accept the sum of £xxxx. (rounded down to nearest pound-keep this as your full amount including charges, interest and court filing fee). I do not agree to waive my rights in respect of any other actions, nor do I agree to a clause of confidentiality.

I hope to hear from you very soon so that a reasonable conclusion to this claim might be achieved. I am sure that the courts would approve of our settling this matter in a timely manner and without their further intervention.

For your records, I enclose another copy of my schedule of charges. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

There will inevitably be a lot of discussion about this (the new approach by the court) and I think it would be a good idea to keep the discussion in one place and also have a place to refer to when people don't get the response at the end of 28 days that we have so confidently predicted.

It may come to pass that local judges will ask for the allocation questionaire and if they require one - it will undoubtedly be sent from the local court to the parties involved ( and the traditional 14 days or so to a filing deadline ). So until you hear otherwise, if the message received is that the AQ may be dispensed with in this case - take it that it has been until you hear otherwise.

Let the party begin.................... .

TO OTHER FORUM USERS: WELCOME, THIS IS HERE SOLELY BECAUSE I HELP WITH THIS FORUM - I DON'T SEE WHY ANY OF IT WOULDN'T APPLY TO ANY OTHER BANK/INSTITUTION - FEEL FREE TO ADD TO OUR THREAD AND USE ANY INFO -

Another thing: Lateralus wrote this thread: When you have filed your AQ................ for peeps when they had filed their AQ's.

If you haven't yet had to do an AQ - some of the info is still very pertinent to what to do next. Take a look and see how you can vary it and use the info to help you in dealing with the court and SC&M. Obviously not all of it is relevant - but some of it is and may help.

Rather than discussing the situation it seemed to take a total of 10 posts to tell someone to go somewhere else ................ I personally do not see the harm in posting in different threads when the cause is the same.

Hi Red, The reason people got angry is because 2 people hi-jacked our thread then started demanding contact info for Lloyds solicitors, The reason for a thread for each bank, is so people that need information can get it quickly and easily without trawling through stuff that is not even relevant to them.

As mlilley says, after being told you dont need an Allocation Questionnaire, fire off the letter in his post (thanks to lateralus) and wait for the solicitors response.

Good luck to you all.

R :) SS

Hi Red, The reason people got angry is because 2 people hi-jacked our thread then started demanding contact info for Lloyds solicitors, The reason for a thread for each bank, is so people that need information can get it quickly and easily without trawling through stuff that is not even relevant to them.

As mlilley says, after being told you dont need an Allocation Questionnaire, fire off the letter in his post (thanks to lateralus) and wait for the solicitors response.

Good luck to you all.

R :) SS

Think you're lost. This is the LLOYDS section. try posting in the HSBC one.

Run along.