sparky v barclays

sparkyone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all not sure if barclays are going to cooperate in sending my request for my sar :mad: its almost the 40 day deadline. Sent request for sar on the 24th of february and gave it a couple of days to get there before i started counting the days. They did however (after a chace up call) sent a letter to me saying... (dated the 9th of march)

We refer to your letter of the 24 February, which was passed to this department as we deal with requests for information under the Data Protection Act.

We will be sending you copy bank statements for the period requested in the next few weeks (without charge). Please be aware that statement information prior to 2000 is stored manually rather than on computer.

Therefore, if your account was opened prior to this time, there may be an increase in the time required to collate the information you have requested.

I apologise in advance should this delay be the cause of any inconvenience to you. Nethertheless we will supply you with the statements as requested within the statutory 40 day period.

We do not maintain a list of charges on each customers's account. However, the charges information you have requested can be obtained from the copy statements.

Yours sincerely Andrew Miskell

Not sure if this was just to fob me off as the deadline is near.. I hope not tho.. :sad:

Hi all not sure if barclays are going to cooperate in sending my request for my sar :mad: its almost the 40 day deadline. Sent request for sar on the 24th of february and gave it a couple of days to get there before i started counting the days. They did however (after a chace up call) sent a letter to me saying... (dated the 9th of march)

We refer to your letter of the 24 February, which was passed to this department as we deal with requests for information under the Data Protection Act.

We will be sending you copy bank statements for the period requested in the next few weeks (without charge). Please be aware that statement information prior to 2000 is stored manually rather than on computer.

Therefore, if your account was opened prior to this time, there may be an increase in the time required to collate the information you have requested.

I apologise in advance should this delay be the cause of any inconvenience to you. Nethertheless we will supply you with the statements as requested within the statutory 40 day period.

We do not maintain a list of charges on each customers's account. However, the charges information you have requested can be obtained from the copy statements.

Yours sincerely Andrew Miskell

Not sure if this was just to fob me off as the deadline is near.. I hope not tho.. :sad:

That letter is just the normal response...you should get your statements through on time..if you haven't received them after 35ish days try calling, ask whats happening and remind them their times nearly up....If you don't get your stuff within the 40 day period you can complain to the ICO....

Hi Sparky

don't worry it's exactly the same letter as I received, mine was dated 5th March, I still have no statements I also gave them a phone call on Friday, although the man was very nice he could not help me and told me to phone back tomorrow (Wednesday 4th).

You must send your letter to the Information Commissioner to let them know that Barclay's have failed to comply there is a template for the letter in the library you need template number 3, I am no good at this link business that is why I have had to tell you where it is....:eek: D'oh

Let me know how you go

Beamie :)

:evil: Well still no luck with my sar. Phoned 4th april & asked when will i get my statements and was told i'll get them this week? Something tells me they are messing me about :evil: Has anyone having this problem with barclays?

Got intouch with barclays today asking what was the holdup with my sar and that it's passed the 40 day deadline. There reply was 'do you want to make a complaint' I said yes i will to the information commisioner and court if i have to. So posted them a recorded and they will get it tommorow with 7 days notice using template 3 letter...:mad: Anyone having the same problem as me?:mad:

Hi,

I got the same letter, after about 2 weeks of receiving the letter, I phoned them up, just to "enquire" how long it will take. They said that they had a back log, and would get to me as soon as possible. Three days later they came.

You should get them shortly.....

Cheers Astrellmc 'barclays were starting to get me worried by making things too tough for me thinking i would give up. Heck as like will i 'they have a fight on ther hands 8-)

POWER TO THE PEOPLE :grin:

Taking There Time With My Statements Too. I Phoned Them To Try And See What Was Going On, They Said I Should Have Them By The End Of The Week....... 3rd Time I Have Heard This In The Last Four Weeks......................

claim with woolwich for £1895. offer recieved for £1412 . rejection letter sent on 05/04/07.

claim with capital one for £987 for two accounts, preliminary sent 02/04/07

still waiting for full statements for husbands capital one.

gemoney sar sent on 03/03/07. on 3 accounts. cheque cashed.

barclays bank sar sent on 03/03/07. had response and cheque returned, but still no statements.

monument sar sent 03/03/07. phone call from monument to say they are dealing with my request.

Well, if you havent received your bank statements by the 40th day, I suggest you give them a ring asking them about the statements, if you dont get a decent response out of them, contact the Financial Ombudsman as they will be breaching the law/contract. They have to send you them within the 40 day period.

Dont worry about it, theres always means and ways :)

HI Sparky

I also phoned Barclays today and basically got the same reply I have had for the last two weeks,except that today they tell me that the place that they print the statements is working 24 hours a day (and they still haven't got my statements to me).

I have actually sent off the same template letter as you so we are both at the same stage.

I know I keep saying it but it just seems strange that some people have had their statements with no hassle and others i.e ME, have had an extra long wait!!:confused: I wonder why any theories? I'm still convinced it's because they have bullied me in the past and think I will back down, not this time though!!!:grin:

Well keep me posted also did your letter threaten them with court action if they do not comply within 7 days? Scary whats that all about I wonder if anyone has actually got to that stage yet.

Talk soon

Beamie:)

Thanks for the number astrel. Will give them a call tommorow and get this thing sorted :confused: hi beamie yeah my letter did threaten court action but its how i go about it for my sar. Seems easier with the court action asking for whats owed to me? But as astrel has advised me i'll go straight to the Financial Ombudsman to help obtain my sar :???: hope you get some luck :)

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

Hi all,

Just to let you know that I sent my SAR letter to Barclays on 23rd February. Received a similar letter to Sparky's a few days later-they also returned my cheque saying there would be no charge for the statements. Was going to send a non compliance letter today as the 40 day deadline was last week-6 statements arrived this morning-so hang on in, I think they're swamped with requests.

Hi all,

Just to let you know that I sent my SAR letter to Barclays on 23rd February. Received a similar letter to Sparky's a few days later-they also returned my cheque saying there would be no charge for the statements. Was going to send a non compliance letter today as the 40 day deadline was last week-6 years worth of statements arrived this morning-so hang on in, I think they're swamped with requests but they do have to comply.

Good luck evrybody!!

mine came today tooo

claim with woolwich for £1895. offer recieved for £1412 . rejection letter sent on 05/04/07.

claim with capital one for £987 for two accounts, preliminary sent 02/04/07

still waiting for full statements for husbands capital one.

gemoney sar sent on 03/03/07. on 3 accounts. cheque cashed.

barclays bank sar sent on 03/03/07. had response and cheque returned, but still no statements.

monument sar sent 03/03/07. phone call from monument to say they are dealing with my request.

Hi I have spoken to them today, they are saying next week to me and that because my account is closed it will be hard to find Oh and also they are receiving 800 demands per day on average and therefore cant keep up! Fingers crossed although I am sending a letter as per advice on here with regard to the non compliance

Hey Sparky me neither, I have now sent the None compliance letter giving them seven days to come up with the goods! Maybe our statements are so full of charges they are scared to send them to us keep smiling :D

Barclays Bank NOW wheres the thought?

everyday its on going to court

fluent in finance you're having a laff

with over 800 claims aday

You need more staff!

Ok... this has all been going on since the 24th feb. Sent asking for sar (gave it a couple of days for it to reach there) Got letter back from them saying they will send copy statements. Phoned 16th march & was told i will have my six years statements in a couple of weeks. Phoned the 4th april as a chase up call and was told my case was being delt with and should have my statements by the end of that week. Phoned on the 11th april and asked what was going on with my statements kept me hanging on for ages and then say that they'll phone me back. Didn't get a call back :evil: Sent lba on the 12th april saying they have 7 days to send my statements or i take you to court. The 7 days are up tommorow and still nothing from barclays, have i done something wrong? Should i give it 14 days instead? Its only that i didn't send a 30 day lba saying i would go to the information commissioner of none compliance. PLEASE Help :Cry:

Hi Sparky I have sent the seven day non-compliance letter too which expires next Tuesday. I believe then we can file a claim at MCOL and there are templates on here to show us what to put. I am going to ask a moderator to check mine because there is a section for damages and I dont quite understand it. Perhaps you will receive your information tomorrow. Hang on in there there are some very experienced people on here who will help :D

Hi lastlaugh i'm goin to the court direct on monday and hand my n1 in and get advice from the counter just to be sure i've done it right. How will you go about filling in the part which asks how much you are claiming for as you've had no statements the same as me?