• Tweets

• thanks ae - yes  I understand the claims are between me and the lender.  But with regards to the order for sale the judge specifically said it is the receiver who is appointed to sell - and he hasn't/ and isn't - which is why I am asking if I can apply to the court v the receiver for an order for sale right now?   The receiver is not part of the current proceedings heading to trial.  But he is responsible for selling the property - and he has consistently rejected offers over >5y.   This is specifically why I would like to understand if I can apply to the court to enforce the sale ??? As above - The judge has said otherwise the order for sale v the lender has to be dealt with via the trial.  Which they have deliberately delayed via the adjournment. Valuation is an issue. The lender chose the valuer.  I paid but his report basically belongs to and is referred to by the lender.  He did a prof valuation without doing a site visit.  He had done a site visit 5 months earlier for different potential lender.  The 1st valuation he erroneously did as fh.  He just did a re-write 5m later - but kept the same value for lh. I had a great offer on the table from a niche buyer which would have cleared the loan and given me a lot of £s.  But the lender rushed through the repo and the buyer got spooked and ran.  The lender then slashed the price by 30%+ from their valuation (fire sale price?).  As you suggest - they fully expected potential buyers to quickly grab the property at such a discount.  But it turned out they couldn't.  The market had dropped anyway. Then covid hit.  Every potential buyer was questioning the valuation.  The lender and receivers actions have eroded the equity.  This wouldn't make sense to any normal lender.  99.9% would have just sold to the 1st buyer willing to transact.  The lender/ receiver had such a willing buyer on day 1 of marketing.  But they spent 15months trying not to sell to them.  As I said, disclosure shows the ceo wanted (wants?) to keep it for himself - so common sense didn't (doesn't) prevail.   The lender has made a MoneyClaim v me.  I am disputing it because I maintain it is their actions that has caused the erosion of equity/ a debt to accrue. The lender's problem now is that they have spent so much money and added so much interest over 5y that they cannot sell the property for what they need/ want.  They are trying to blame me for this.  But it is their fault; not mine - because I am not in possession or in charge of selling it. As I also said above - if there is some legal reason why I cannot make an application to the court for an order for the receiver to sell - then can I ask the other entity which has a charging order and threatened to do so. ???    
    • We registered our child with a nursery last year for a June 2024 start date. This was before how the new 15 hours free childcare was going to work. At the time my wife paid a £50 deposit. A few weeks ago they sent out an email about how the new funding was going to work. The nurseries can use it as they wish and they said if the child wants to come for one full day we still have to pay £50 and we can't use all the hours for one day. They also drastically increased their day rate. As a result of this we were looking elsewhere and have found a much cheaper nursery so we are changing.  The original nursery now said you only get the deposit back if she starts because it comes out of the first month of fees. I don't think we filled any any form or anything so there were no terms and conditions. Are we entitled to get the deposit back or is it our fault for not asking what the terms were when we paid. 
    • Hi Baldilocks. Welcome to CAG. I've done some minor formatting edits to your post to make it easier to read for people on mobile. Try to keep to 1 or 2 sentences max before creating a line break in your post. It's the Consumer Rights Act 2015, not the Sale of Goods Act 2015. The Consumer Rights Act 2015 superseded The Sale Of Goods Act 1979 and the latter does not apply as I imagine this purchase was made after 1st October 2015. Can you confirm the make and model of the vehicle? Some vehicles have their service history stored within the on board computers now or have it available to view online at any point. How did you pay for the vehicle? Finance (what type), Debit/Credit Card etc? I would argue, that should the above points not be correct, you would be right to claim that the goods are not as described under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.  
    • Thanks everyone for all your help, but unfortunately my case was dismissed. This is the 2nd time I've had this happen now so I doubt ill be taking on any parking firms in future sadly. The judge said I lost it on the grounds that the sign said I had 28 days to declare who the owner of the vehicle was, and said I should have complied with this.  My costs are Judgment for the claimant £133.33 Issue fee Hearing fee Solicitors costs - total £265 grand total £398.33 Do those costs look about right?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

sparky v barclays

sparkyone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all not sure if barclays are going to cooperate in sending my request for my sar :mad: its almost the 40 day deadline. Sent request for sar on the 24th of february and gave it a couple of days to get there before i started counting the days. They did however (after a chace up call) sent a letter to me saying... (dated the 9th of march)

We refer to your letter of the 24 February, which was passed to this department as we deal with requests for information under the Data Protection Act.

We will be sending you copy bank statements for the period requested in the next few weeks (without charge). Please be aware that statement information prior to 2000 is stored manually rather than on computer.

Therefore, if your account was opened prior to this time, there may be an increase in the time required to collate the information you have requested.

I apologise in advance should this delay be the cause of any inconvenience to you. Nethertheless we will supply you with the statements as requested within the statutory 40 day period.

We do not maintain a list of charges on each customers's account. However, the charges information you have requested can be obtained from the copy statements.

Yours sincerely Andrew Miskell

Not sure if this was just to fob me off as the deadline is near.. I hope not tho.. :sad:

Hi all not sure if barclays are going to cooperate in sending my request for my sar :mad: its almost the 40 day deadline. Sent request for sar on the 24th of february and gave it a couple of days to get there before i started counting the days. They did however (after a chace up call) sent a letter to me saying... (dated the 9th of march)

We refer to your letter of the 24 February, which was passed to this department as we deal with requests for information under the Data Protection Act.

We will be sending you copy bank statements for the period requested in the next few weeks (without charge). Please be aware that statement information prior to 2000 is stored manually rather than on computer.

Therefore, if your account was opened prior to this time, there may be an increase in the time required to collate the information you have requested.

I apologise in advance should this delay be the cause of any inconvenience to you. Nethertheless we will supply you with the statements as requested within the statutory 40 day period.

We do not maintain a list of charges on each customers's account. However, the charges information you have requested can be obtained from the copy statements.

Yours sincerely Andrew Miskell

Not sure if this was just to fob me off as the deadline is near.. I hope not tho.. :sad:

That letter is just the normal response...you should get your statements through on time..if you haven't received them after 35ish days try calling, ask whats happening and remind them their times nearly up....If you don't get your stuff within the 40 day period you can complain to the ICO....

Hi Sparky

don't worry it's exactly the same letter as I received, mine was dated 5th March, I still have no statements I also gave them a phone call on Friday, although the man was very nice he could not help me and told me to phone back tomorrow (Wednesday 4th).

You must send your letter to the Information Commissioner to let them know that Barclay's have failed to comply there is a template for the letter in the library you need template number 3, I am no good at this link business that is why I have had to tell you where it is....:eek: D'oh

Let me know how you go

Beamie :)

:evil: Well still no luck with my sar. Phoned 4th april & asked when will i get my statements and was told i'll get them this week? Something tells me they are messing me about :evil: Has anyone having this problem with barclays?

Got intouch with barclays today asking what was the holdup with my sar and that it's passed the 40 day deadline. There reply was 'do you want to make a complaint' I said yes i will to the information commisioner and court if i have to. So posted them a recorded and they will get it tommorow with 7 days notice using template 3 letter...:mad: Anyone having the same problem as me?:mad:

Hi,

I got the same letter, after about 2 weeks of receiving the letter, I phoned them up, just to "enquire" how long it will take. They said that they had a back log, and would get to me as soon as possible. Three days later they came.

You should get them shortly.....

Cheers Astrellmc 'barclays were starting to get me worried by making things too tough for me thinking i would give up. Heck as like will i 'they have a fight on ther hands 8-)

POWER TO THE PEOPLE :grin:

Taking There Time With My Statements Too. I Phoned Them To Try And See What Was Going On, They Said I Should Have Them By The End Of The Week....... 3rd Time I Have Heard This In The Last Four Weeks......................

claim with woolwich for £1895. offer recieved for £1412 . rejection letter sent on 05/04/07.

claim with capital one for £987 for two accounts, preliminary sent 02/04/07

still waiting for full statements for husbands capital one.

gemoney sar sent on 03/03/07. on 3 accounts. cheque cashed.

barclays bank sar sent on 03/03/07. had response and cheque returned, but still no statements.

monument sar sent 03/03/07. phone call from monument to say they are dealing with my request.

Well, if you havent received your bank statements by the 40th day, I suggest you give them a ring asking them about the statements, if you dont get a decent response out of them, contact the Financial Ombudsman as they will be breaching the law/contract. They have to send you them within the 40 day period.

Dont worry about it, theres always means and ways :)

HI Sparky

I also phoned Barclays today and basically got the same reply I have had for the last two weeks,except that today they tell me that the place that they print the statements is working 24 hours a day (and they still haven't got my statements to me).

I have actually sent off the same template letter as you so we are both at the same stage.

I know I keep saying it but it just seems strange that some people have had their statements with no hassle and others i.e ME, have had an extra long wait!!:confused: I wonder why any theories? I'm still convinced it's because they have bullied me in the past and think I will back down, not this time though!!!:grin:

Well keep me posted also did your letter threaten them with court action if they do not comply within 7 days? Scary whats that all about I wonder if anyone has actually got to that stage yet.

Talk soon

Beamie:)

Thanks for the number astrel. Will give them a call tommorow and get this thing sorted :confused: hi beamie yeah my letter did threaten court action but its how i go about it for my sar. Seems easier with the court action asking for whats owed to me? But as astrel has advised me i'll go straight to the Financial Ombudsman to help obtain my sar :???: hope you get some luck :)

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

Hi all,

Just to let you know that I sent my SAR letter to Barclays on 23rd February. Received a similar letter to Sparky's a few days later-they also returned my cheque saying there would be no charge for the statements. Was going to send a non compliance letter today as the 40 day deadline was last week-6 statements arrived this morning-so hang on in, I think they're swamped with requests.

Hi all,

Just to let you know that I sent my SAR letter to Barclays on 23rd February. Received a similar letter to Sparky's a few days later-they also returned my cheque saying there would be no charge for the statements. Was going to send a non compliance letter today as the 40 day deadline was last week-6 years worth of statements arrived this morning-so hang on in, I think they're swamped with requests but they do have to comply.

Good luck evrybody!!

mine came today tooo

claim with woolwich for £1895. offer recieved for £1412 . rejection letter sent on 05/04/07.

claim with capital one for £987 for two accounts, preliminary sent 02/04/07

still waiting for full statements for husbands capital one.

gemoney sar sent on 03/03/07. on 3 accounts. cheque cashed.

barclays bank sar sent on 03/03/07. had response and cheque returned, but still no statements.

monument sar sent 03/03/07. phone call from monument to say they are dealing with my request.

Hi I have spoken to them today, they are saying next week to me and that because my account is closed it will be hard to find Oh and also they are receiving 800 demands per day on average and therefore cant keep up! Fingers crossed although I am sending a letter as per advice on here with regard to the non compliance

Hey Sparky me neither, I have now sent the None compliance letter giving them seven days to come up with the goods! Maybe our statements are so full of charges they are scared to send them to us keep smiling :D

Barclays Bank NOW wheres the thought?

everyday its on going to court

fluent in finance you're having a laff

with over 800 claims aday

You need more staff!

Ok... this has all been going on since the 24th feb. Sent asking for sar (gave it a couple of days for it to reach there) Got letter back from them saying they will send copy statements. Phoned 16th march & was told i will have my six years statements in a couple of weeks. Phoned the 4th april as a chase up call and was told my case was being delt with and should have my statements by the end of that week. Phoned on the 11th april and asked what was going on with my statements kept me hanging on for ages and then say that they'll phone me back. Didn't get a call back :evil: Sent lba on the 12th april saying they have 7 days to send my statements or i take you to court. The 7 days are up tommorow and still nothing from barclays, have i done something wrong? Should i give it 14 days instead? Its only that i didn't send a 30 day lba saying i would go to the information commissioner of none compliance. PLEASE Help :Cry:

Hi Sparky I have sent the seven day non-compliance letter too which expires next Tuesday. I believe then we can file a claim at MCOL and there are templates on here to show us what to put. I am going to ask a moderator to check mine because there is a section for damages and I dont quite understand it. Perhaps you will receive your information tomorrow. Hang on in there there are some very experienced people on here who will help :D

Hi lastlaugh i'm goin to the court direct on monday and hand my n1 in and get advice from the counter just to be sure i've done it right. How will you go about filling in the part which asks how much you are claiming for as you've had no statements the same as me?