• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

A & L keep fighting!**won**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Like many others I have filed for my charges with MCOL..A & L have acknowledeged the claim and now say they are going to defend it!! So no easy route for me. I have two other claims out against Barclays/Woolwich and Halifax and they have acknowledged the claims as well and Halifax say they will be defending as well!! All I need is Barclays to put in a defence and I shall have a hat trick!!

How come ALL of them have taken me this far, when so many people have received their money back long before it got to this stage!! Is this a conspiracy??? Starting to get paranoid that I shall have to go to court three times and fork out £100 a pop!! Is there any chance they have infiltrated this site and the bank spies are watching how we cope with these problems?? :confused: (Told you I was paranoid!!)

Hi Lynne Heather, Just A Quick Question Seeing As You've Done The Mcol. Which Address Did You Send Your Copy Of The Interest Table To For A & L (hoping It Wasnt The Local Branch). I Put The Address On Mcol For A &l As The Northampton One...

Heard A & L Now Have A Legal Team So Who Do I Address It To? The Northampton One? The Local Branch Or Solicitor's Address?thanks For Your Help

Following my slight wobble yesterday after being so determined all along...this morning I received my LUVVERLY cheque for £1138...YUM YUM!! Of course they refused to accept liability!! They are now going to contact me 'regarding the future of my account' I intend to close the account anyway so shan't be worrying about that!

Now all I need is for Halifax/Barclays to follow suit... My slight faltering yesterday has disappeared and my self confidence renewed!! Thanks for your reassurance!

Hi babyonlyne...I sent my interest table with my last letter before the MCOL action. I sent it to the address that I had used all along which was Customer Service Centre, Bootle, Merseyside G1R 0AA. But I used their registered address on the MCOL ..which is Carlton Park, Narborough, Leicester, LE19 0AL. I haven't heard about their legal team so I would just carry on writing to Customer Services..they will pass it on if necessary. They said they would defend only last week and I got my cheque today so just follow the guide lines here and you'll be fine. By the way don't forget to send all correspondence recorded delivery and take copies of everything!! GOOD LUCK!!

They said they would defend 27th March !!! Just stalling I guess!!

Keep the faith...it appears the A&L like to put the 'frighteners' on!!

Get another account ready as they will say that they will be contacting you about the future running of your account...as it appears you do not agree with their terms & conditions!! That probably means they will close it and demand any overdraft monies back immediately! Personally I don't really want to remain with a bank that so blatantly overcharges its customers...

All the best..:)

• 2 months later...

Ooh dear..I have thrown all my stuff away now!! BUT..I think it was just via the MCOL Northampton where they put X in the ...'we intend to defend' box!! As I wasn't to be put off by these tactics I just waited and got my cheque the following week. Of course...no liability accepted..and they did want to close the account. I think the banks are getting tougher now but keep hanging on because I still don't believe they have a case. By the way I still have a pending court case with Barclays/Woolwich..waiting for a date..the courts are so jammed up with these cases that they are projecting 3 months into the future..!! Even so, none have made it to the Medway courts yet!! They apparently either settle the week before the date or let you go through all the rigmarole of the sorting of the 'bundle' then don't turn up!! The courts are understandably sick to death of it!! I wish you GOOD LUCK!!

Thanks Bigmac..but I've already posted my success a while back and did the surveytoo..(promise)!! Had success with Halifax too!! Good eh?!! Only the Woolwich dragging their heels now!! Obviously don't want to pay me nearly £3000...been waiting weeks and weeks for a court date...been told by the court it won't be until September..could really do with this big fat amount as I'm moving in August!! Can I keep the interest mounting up until I get my court date?