EGG mis-sold PPI and loan......

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well here goes the list of what happened...

I was off work sick with what the doctor said was Cluster headaches..

I called EGG and spoke to them about my credit card and consolidating my debts..

They agreed to give me a loan at £199 a month for 3 years with PPI that they said on the phone would cover me, should my diagnosis change. So I agreed to the loan and PPI on the information I was given.

But a few months later I was refused all benefits as my fiancee worked full time...

So I called EGG and attempted to claim as my diagnosis had changed to 3 types of chronic headaches.....I was then told that it was the condition that had to be different and NOT the Diagnosis...I was turned down for the PPI claim.

I complained and EGG refunded the PPI payments already made and cancelled the PPI. They refunded the money directly into my account leaving me no choice. They sent me a copy of the conversation when I took out the loan on CD. I was told that the PPI would not cover my existing cluster headaches as it was a pre existing condition. But then she goes on to say," For example, if your diagnosis changes, as you never know what will happen, egg will cover your payments until you are fit and well enough to return to work".

If this doesn't prove they lied, I don't know what will......

The ombudsman sided with EGG, but EGG passed the debt to moorcroft as soon as the ombudsman got involved, without defaulting me or even writing to me.....

First I knew of moorcrofts involvement was when they sent me the usuall " Pay us or we will take your home, wife and soul!" letter....lol

They have given me verbal abuse, lied, threatened me and my partner....but forgot one thing.....No CCA, No money.....lol

I have sent them a CCA request....and today got the std. letter saying why do i want to go to court, why don't I call them to discuss it......but I didn't mention court....lol

It almost sounds like they know what's coming next....lol

I have read other threads and come up with a few other things EGG didn't do correctly....I didn't receive any statement in 2 years....and they never sent me a default notice, still haven't.....

anyone know if they do have to do these as it may help prove how incompetant they are in court when I summons them after the CCA request is 12 days+1 month old......lol

I love a good arguement.....helps make my days off sick worth while....

Any advice greatly appreciated.........

Russ

I complained to EGG, the director of Moorcroft and trading standards....

Since I complained the calls stopped, but the notices of legal action continued......

I did change my number which seemed to help...

I have looked at the idea posted by someone else on here, to get a premium rate number so the DCA has to pay me to call me.....lol

I pay Moorcroft £5.00 a month as agreed until the dispute is settled with egg. If it is I will be asking for the money back, as they lied and said they owned the debt now!

I don't deny borrowing the money, hell I would still be paying if it wasn't for being too ill and unable to work!

I just object that they lied to me, if I had been aware of the PPI being useless, I wouldn't have taken the loan out in the first place.

I just don't need the added stress on top of my condition.....

Thanks for your help everyone....

Russ