Having Troble With Interest

rebemari

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,my Bank Is With Halifax And Although I Am Still Waiting For My Statements To Arrive I Am Helping My Boyfriend With His Against Hsbc,he Was Lucky To Get His Statements Online.the Charges Came At £1220 Without Interest,even Though I Read Thorugh The Faqs And Other Threads I Still Can't Get It.the Interest Are Diferent Every Month, £18.29,£16.23,£12,£14.85...... And The Thing Is That We Don't Know What They Are For Even The Charges Are Shown Only As "total Charges" So It Is A Bit Confusing.now,could Somebody Tell Me How I Work It Out On The Spreadsheet? Or What Are The Interest I Can Claim For? Thanx Very Much,brillant Site

OK, that's a lot of questions - here goes:

Charges description on statements - Please Read( read this for what to claim for). a hint here: someone told me on the on-line charges - if you click on the charge it shows what it is for. (my entire claim was made up of first "total charges" then about 2004 changed to "recall d/d, s/o" and that was it!)

the interest debits are overdraft interest - but you can't just plonk them onto a spreadsheet - if you are going to claim for the o/d interest - you must use the advanced spreadsheet and follow the directions. if you decide not to do the o/d interest - just use the simple s/s to figure the 8% interest which you will need to add on when you file your claim - not before.

so, let me put another little guide on here for you - it is much easier to use (i think-) (because i wrote it how i would like to have seen it - it would have made it easier) so look at this thread: post number 26 and just take it step by step:

HONEYGIE sees you HSBC there are more links you'll need in this post.

good luck - get back with specific questions.

you're welcome - i was just so browned off at someone who just demanded some info without any attempt at civility - i'm happier now to go to bed on a pleasant note - thanks for the come back!

Aw-w-w-w!!!

Sleep tight ,Lattie! ;)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

you know it's all about the homework - well done you

carry on you'll be fine

(lats knows where i'm comin from)

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

i'm feeling better now - even though there was an apparent uprising on my thread after i left! i just don't like people demanding. i was taught manners, i taught my children manners and i don't like people who don't have manners. i like you guys!

Thanks, Lattie,

I'm with you on that one - manners cost nowt!

Glad you're OK now though.

:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

hello! thank you lateralus for your help yesterday,i am sorry if i was a bit demanding it was not my intention,i guess i was a little stressed,i apologize.i can not believe that i actually got it right in the end with the help of the thread you suggested and it is easy but of course it takes a bit of time but... is worth it in the end,by the way i am sending the prelim letter to

colin langdale

senior service quality officer

arlington service centre

millshah park lane

leeds ls11 opp

i got it from the hsbc contact inormation in the forum.i hope is the right one.thanx once again :)

it wasn't you - in fact i was in a right state and was turning off the puter - when i just happened on to one last thread and it was yours and you were saying you got it and thank you and it really took the wind out of my mad sails - i then just turned off and felt happy! it was someone else entirely who had irritated me - you just made me feel good again.

i'm really pleased you got to grips with the interest.

yes, that addy is fine.

good luck.

send it recorded delivery